5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS - New Wheels and tires.. Not learning new TPMS?

Icecold77

Reaction score
Did a number of wheel/tire/tpms swaps on my 4th Gens.. After a few miles truck always recognized new TPMS. Just did the same thing on my 19 and it shows no TPMS? Just getting warning the trucks CPU is getting zero signal from the sensors. Thoughts?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did a number of wheel/tire/tpms swaps on my 4th Gens.. After a few miles truck always recognized new TPMS. Just did the same thing on my 19 and it shows no TPMS? Just getting warning the trucks CPU is getting zero signal from the sensors. Thoughts?

I thought that I read somewhere that the 19 is using a new sensor setup...did you put new sensors in the replacement wheels?

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/tpms-valves-on-used-tires.1677/

https://www.cjponyparts.com/mopar-t...e-stem-type-dodge-ram-1500-2019/p/68293199AA/

Icecold77

Reaction score
I had new ones installed by the wheel shop. I have to follow up with them and see if they used the right type. They are usually really good- however I wouldnt be suprised if they didnt use the right ones for the 19- which are actually cheaper then the old style.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They likely used ones for the 4th gens. The 2019s are still too new for most shops to know enough about them. I ordered the ones from cjponyparts listed above and they synced up within 5 minutes of driving.

Icecold77

Reaction score
They did.. I just checked my invoice. Talked to 2 guys before I ordered my wheel and tires. The the 1st guy even noted he knew the 19 took a new sensor.. When I eventually ordered I ended up talking to one of the Managers who put my order in. What a surprise- The Manager didnt catch it. I just sent them an email. They will make it right- its just a hassle.

Thanks for the info guys!

Syman02

Reaction score
Mopar factory ones are the only ones that work right now I believe. I had to order mopar ones when I did my wheel and tire swap. The aftermarket ones would not communicate with the truck.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, had the factory tires taken off the factory wheels and used the sensors in the aftermarket tires. At that time the sensors for the ‘19’s were not available yet. Hoping to have sensors for the ‘19 available soon so I can get my new 275/65 r20 tires mounted on my factory wheels for winter.

Icecold77

Reaction score
Believe it or not, they put the correct part number on 1 of my invoices, and someone changed the correct part # to a different #. They are actually looking into why the guy who assembled the wheels and tires changed the sensor from what was on the original invoice. The right ones are in their way, and the tire co. offered to cover all of my costs to get things right.

Icecold77

Reaction score
Just an update.. Wheel co. sent me new TPMS sensors. Took my truck to my Alignment Shop with the newest Hunter gear available-they are beta testers for new equipment. Only place I take my vehicles-crab claw alignment sensors clamp on the tire and they never touch your wheels. Always important to me if you drop some $$ on gloss black wheels. They were surprised to pull the sensors and install the new ones with what he sd was a very incremental change in the signal. Anyway it worked. 35in Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20 Black Rhino wheels rolling smoothly down the road now

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told that on the 2019s you can replace the valve stem without breaking the tire down and replacing the entire sensor.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 004598 miles.

cjmst23

Reaction score
So... Quick clarification:
If I have 2 sets of wheels and tires, both with their own set of tpms sensors (correct part number), will it automatically read correctly when I swap the wheels for winter and summer?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I have 2 sets of wheels and tires, both with their own set of tpms sensors (correct part number), will it automatically read correctly when I swap the wheels for winter and summer?
Yes, put the wheels on and within 5 miles or so they will sync up.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yes. It worked on my 2014 when I installed the snow tires.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005213 miles.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, put the wheels on and within 5 miles or so they will sync up.
That's nice. On the GM trucks you need a special tool to register each TPMS sensor to the truck when swapping wheels, every time I'd swap wheel sets meant another trip down my to my tire guy to get the sensors registered. You also need the tool when rotating tires to tell it which sensor is on which corner otherwise it still thinks the sensor is in the original location. Every time I come across something on this Ram it just reaffirms jumping ship from GM was the right decision.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Yes. It worked on my 2014 when I installed the snow tires.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005213 miles.
That's exactly what I have planned.

Icecold77

Reaction score

Right part# for 19-Yes

stevier2987

Reaction score
Ordered set of 4 oem sensors from Josh at Avondaleautomotive on eBay for $106 shipped. My dealer quoted me $184 including tax.
hey bro just bought from them , was it easy to install? just bought some OEM 20 wheel and some duratracs, did they have to break down the tire to install, someone said it was possible not to!

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey bro just bought from them , was it easy to install? just bought some OEM 20 wheel and some duratracs, did they have to break down the tire to install, someone said it was possible not to!
I dont know. It is one piece with the valve stem so i would guess you need to remove the tire.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread