5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Issue

JMartin

Reaction score
So i did my due diligence and searched all possible threads containing info on this but never found an actual resolution in any of them. I have aftermarket wheels and tires with sensors that wont read. I bought oem ones and had them installed by discount tire. They never read and i took it back to them without ever knowing this was a common issue. We replaced them again with a second set of new sensors. Still wont read. This prompted me to research. Has anyone found an actual resolution that works for sure? Thanks guys.

TireSlayer

Reaction score
Instructions from the aftermarket sensors I bought.

Please choose your vehicle’s details for Specific Results in our listing before purchasing.
1- This sensor does not require programming but it needs to do OBD learning.
2- Installed sensors:
We have test all the sensors before ship,but because long-way transport or irresistible factor may cause damaged on the way,
in order to avoid the inconvenience and unnecessary and installation fee,so we recommend you to test again with TPMS Diagnostic Tool at professional install shop before install,
If the sensor doesn't work ,pls contact us ASAP, thanks for your cooperation in advance.
installation process:
(1) install tire pressure sensor properly
(2) inflate all the tires to the nominal value, according to the tire sign (usually located ON the door frame)
(3) activate each sensor in turn by using the TPMS tools, from the beginning of the left front wheel, then right front, right rear, left rear and full-size spare tire (if any)
(4) turn the ignition switch to the ON position
(5) connect the TPMS tools to OBD interface, use the OBD learning function to write the sensor ID (read the sensor ID after using TPMS tools to activate the sensor; use the OBD learning function to write the ID which was just read, instead of using the ID on the shell)
(6) turn off first and then turn on the ignition switch
(7) do road test for at least 15 minutes at a speed higher than 30 mph, to ensure the tire pressure system is working properly (tire pressure lamp is off)
3.If it doesn't work, you should use OBD Tool for "re-learn".
4.Failure to install and activate sensor will cause tire pressure monitor light to remain on. It may be caused by broke down of body control module or tire rotation. Please use OBD Tools to“Re-learn” it several times.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a set that didn’t work I got off of eBay but the second set I ordered off of Amazon synced immediately

mr.fusion

Reaction score
My set of ebay "OEM" sensors are working, but two of them are showing the wrong location. When first mounted, two of the sensors picked up right away on a trip around the block. The other two tires showed error and blank. Then the next test drive around the block, one picked up a reading ok., and one was blank. Then finally, all four show up, but two of them swapped locations. Driver side.... the front and rear tires are backwards. I have F/R at different pressures, which is how I know. Makes no sense to me

Its only been a few days and only a few short drives... I keep thinking it will "re-learn" the correct location. But so far, the driver side still shows them backwards. That seems like a simple thing, otherwise it would screw up every time you did a rotation.

At least they are working....

Users who are viewing this thread