5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Installation Question

BING

Reaction score
So I'm looking to buy a set of OEM 18" wheels and tires off of a Laramie to put on my Lone Star but the new wheels do not have the TPMS installed. My question is for anyone who has done something similar, what was the ballpark price to have a shop remove the TPMS from your current wheels and mount them on the new wheels? Is that the best option? Or buying new TPMS and having a shop install them?

There is another set of wheels and tires I'm looking at that DO have the TPMS installed but they are about $200 more expensive. Trying to decide if that $200 is about the same amount I would spend on new sensors and paying a shop to mount them? If so, I would rather just buy the more expensive ones and mount them myself. I appreciate any input.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My local shop charges about $7 each to rebuild your sensors and install them in the new wheels. This basically consists of removing the rubber section and installing a new rubber section. If you have sensors I'd recommend going this route. New sensors can cost between $35 and $60, depending on the source.

taz2016

Reaction score
Install and balance price will vary but in my area i can get it done for around $50. The OEM TPMS I bought of of Ebay for $33 shipped (all four) work fine.

Moe1962

Reaction score
My local shop wanted $25 a tire to swap them over. I bought a Mopar set from Ebay for $35 and they installed them for $50 for all 4 an balance too.

Users who are viewing this thread