5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS - How to change "low tire pressure" warning point?

Raydar

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted. I looked around, and ran a search, and didn't find anything.
I have the 20" Falken Wildpeak tires on my 2019 Ram. I just had to replace the two rears at 25K because they were worn to the point that I wasn't comfortable driving on them anymore. (One was down to the "bars", across the center.)
Strangely, the fronts were fine. Maybe it has to do with my driving style. :D

Anyway... based upon the wear pattern, it would appear that they were overinflated. I would like to reduce the pressure so that they wear evenly. (Bumping up the pressure when I actually have to tow or haul something, of course.)
Trouble is, my TPMS screen starts to nag me at around 32(?) lbs. For day-to-day stuff, that's about where I'd like to run them.
How can I change the alarm "set point"?
I have AlfaOBD. Is it in there? I haven't actually looked for it there, yet.
Thanks!

Edit - If you're in West GA, and need these tires, check out Roy's Tire on Maple St., in Carrollton.
My price was $218, each, plus $10 to balance.

motorzane

Reaction score
You can change the pressure threshold in the body control module. You will still get the low tire warning until you relearn the new vehicle in the Radie Frequency Hub. Go to the parts department at the dealer, and ask for your SKIM code. You probably will have to show proof of ownership. Once you get the 4 digit code, go into the RFH and select RF-Hub Reset/Replaced. It will ask you for the 4 digit security code, then it will learn the new vehicle setting with the tire pressure yuo want.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before you start spending money DuckDuckGo:

tire pressure chalk test

Users who are viewing this thread