5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tpms for trailer truck won’t connect

Davids88keys

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2021 Laramie 1500 sport that came with the Oem TPMS monitors for the trailer. I had a tire company install them. I cannot get the truck to recognize the tpms. I am following on screen instructions. I can get the driver side to connect but the passenger side will not connect so then it times out and fails to connect. I thought there might be interference with Bluetooth devices so I’ve turned off all of those as well as turn Wi-Fi off on the truck. Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas how to get this to connect?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the tire shop have a tpms tester, and confirm the sensors where transmitting?

Davids88keys

Reaction score
Yes. Both were transmitting. And also I can get the driver's side to connect. But then it just keeps trying to connect the passenger side and finally times out so it does not complete the process

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried swapping sides? Or bringing the pass side tire right up to the truck rear bumper?

after that, I hate to say, it’s off to the dealer...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread