5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS errors after lift

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm those $33/4 sensors on eBay have worked? I know they’re listed as the right part number, and OEM, but I just don’t know.

I literally just got quoted $500 to install sensors to a set of wheels I have... and they wouldn’t let me bring my own sensors.
Do not do that!! I have the $35 sensors installed for $190 and they work perfectly fine. $500 is a total rip off.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was a Firestone in KS. They told me they wouldn’t let me bring my own parts either.

I just bought a set of 4 on eBay for $30. They are supposedly OEM parts, so I’ll let you know how they work. I suppose I’ll just put my wheels on the truck and drive with the sensors in the cab to make sure they sync up before paying for the install.
Also I’m not sure they’ll “wake up” and sync to your truck without being in the wheels. But mine worked well. Synced within 5 miles after I left the tire shop.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine sync and then unsync, well at least 2 of them. Have had them on since last Saturday and all 4 haven’t worked right since

Srchris2010

Reaction score
I finally installed a 5” lift with bigger wheels/tires and when I left the installers shop my front two tire sensors no longer worked and I was getting an error message. They tried installing new sensors from mopar and they worked when I left the shop but stopped working after about 10 miles. Anyone else have tire sensor issues after installing a lift or new wheels?
I had a similar issue after my aftermarket wheels install went through two sets of sensors the last one which I had given up on them because the programmer wouldn’t even detect the sensors. But after about two days it started to read while I was driving and one of them comes in and out. My problem now is the factory tire pressure is higher than what these tire are recommended to be inflated to.

ny2az

Reaction score
You don’t need to have them flashed or anything, no computer is required for this.

33 dollars for all 4? Doesn’t seem right. I got them on eBay for 65-70 bucks and that was about as cheap as I’ve seen them. I see them for 83 on Amazon right meow.

eBay user: oem-marketplace

no flashing or computer ... will they sync up automatically ... just install, and drive off ??? curious...thx

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you order yours from?

Couple post up in this thread..... some place on eBay. But seems like they might be cheaper on amazon from a couple of the other posts below mine. As long as you get the OEM ones for the DT part number (not classic) then you should be good to go.

I think people are either not using OEM sensors or getting the wrong part number. Toss non oem sensors in the dumpster where they belong.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Couple post up in this thread..... some place on eBay. But seems like they might be cheaper on amazon from a couple of the other posts below mine. As long as you get the OEM ones for the DT part number (not classic) then you should be good to go.

I think people are either not using OEM sensors or getting the wrong part number. Toss non oem sensors in the dumpster where they belong.
This is where I got mine originally...

Attachments

• 4075C89A-513F-43AB-A96C-5B1EF5EFB5D0.png
    4075C89A-513F-43AB-A96C-5B1EF5EFB5D0.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 13

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is where I got mine originally...

Thanks for posting this, this was my concern exactly. I did the same, ordered 4 for $33 from eBay and plan to have them installed next week. They’re all listed as new OEM and clearly have the P/N on the part, so anybody’s guess whether they’re legit or not.

I’ll report back once I get them installed.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Looks right, so what happened?
Two of them keep not reading the pressure. Both of my passenger side ones. They have been in for a week and a half and all 4 haven’t read at the same time yet. But all 4 have worked at some point. On the way to work this morning the passenger rear started reading again but the passenger front still isn’t. But it was initially.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two of them keep not reading the pressure. Both of my passenger side ones. They have been in for a week and a half and all 4 haven’t read at the same time yet. But all 4 have worked at some point. On the way to work this morning the passenger rear started reading again but the passenger front still isn’t. But it was initially.

that’s weird..... how long did you run your oem setup before changing wheels?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About 14 months.

so it probably isn’t the truck then, I guess they must have bad sensors or they are fake? The price seems a little suspect to me comparing it to other sensor cost. That’s one of the reasons I chose the place I did, high ratings and the price seemed more in line with what I expected. 30-40 seems fishy when some of these big online stores charge more than that for non oem sensors

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had my $33/4 ebay sensors installed by a local tire shop. No issues, had to drive about 15 miles to get them to turn on.

The only problem is, they set the tire pressure spec as the same as my factory tires, even though I’m running larger tires. I’m not yet sure what happens if I “over-inflate” the tires, but I’m about to find out.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be fine to over inflate it, they legally can’t alter the values of the TPMS. Even the dealer isn’t supposed to do this. Not to say some places don’t, but this is why most wont.

you need something like the DT Tazer if you want to change the TPMS Settings.

What’s your factory pressure? What pressure are you running?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be fine to over inflate it, they legally can’t alter the values of the TPMS. Even the dealer isn’t supposed to do this. Not to say some places don’t, but this is why most wont.

you need something like the DT Tazer if you want to change the TPMS Settings.

What’s your factory pressure? What pressure are you running?

My Laramie lists 32 front and rear for the stock wheels. I’m now running Rebel takeoffs, which are listed as 55 front / 45 rear on that vehicle, which is quite the discrepancy.
d03cc60fa9445aa42ff50f28f959282a.jpg

637dfc46721091828016e73232089352.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread