5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS ACCURACY

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I believe Milton stick gauge has been around forever and is reliable. I bought one the other day and the Milton, Slime and TPM coincide. I have had batteries die on the digital, some you can replace the battery and some you can't. Eventually, Warren Buffet and the likes will have control of the tire gauge market and none will have a replaceable battery.
Anybody remember when you could replace the "rubber" portion of the wiper blade for a few dollars or you could get 7 years out of a battery?
Yep, the rubber replacement blades that just slid into the frame sections. Easy to replace, cheap, etc. Now a good blade, like Bosch Icons can run $25-30.

As for the digital gauges, are they any more or less accurate than the analog or stick gauges?

BlunderBart

Reaction score
Just ran mine through 2 different but highly rated Amazon (car plug w/ thousands of reviews) and both of them read 40 psi when Tpms is reading +4 (44) I do have aftermarket wheels and tires but I would think that two electronic gages would show the problem is with the on board tpms ( which would explain quick stock tire wear and lower than average mpg for my first 15k miles on a 2022 1500. So I suppose I’ll just be filling to 44psi cold from here on out.. just my 2 cents

dajogejr

Reaction score
Just ran mine through 2 different but highly rated Amazon (car plug w/ thousands of reviews) and both of them read 40 psi when Tpms is reading +4 (44) I do have aftermarket wheels and tires but I would think that two electronic gages would show the problem is with the on board tpms ( which would explain quick stock tire wear and lower than average mpg for my first 15k miles on a 2022 1500. So I suppose I’ll just be filling to 44psi cold from here on out.. just my 2 cents
Wha..huh?
Sorry, old thread here.
For stock rims/tires, are you filling them cold to what is on the door placard? Not the Max PSI the tire is rated for, but what the truck actually calls for cold?
Aftermarket rims/tires, throw that out the window. Chalk test the tires to find the ideal inflation PSI.
You can go up a hair from that for better gas milage, but the middle will wear out faster. You can go less for a better ride, but the edges will wear out.
Once you go aftermarket rims tires… you can play with the air pressure or chalk test them to get the correct PSI for your vehicle. Found this out on my old Wrangler with 35”, aftermarket rims, etc.

On my stock 2023, I fill my tires and check on a cloudy day with no direct sunshine on them.
I take it for a ride and check within the first mile.. My TMPS is not dead on accurate, but it’s within a couple PSI which is exactly what I need to look at in case there is an issue like a slow leak, etc.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine are pretty accurate. Maybe a lbs off at most.. but, I can never get them all to read exactly the same psi. One is always, always 1lbs different. Drives my OCD nuts. :ROFLMAO:🙃:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread