5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOYO OPEN COUNTY AT3

BEN6901

Reaction score
“OUTSTANDING”. Had new AT3’s installed. Last week to a vacation to Panama City Beach ,Fl. ( w/family ) Drove I-65 out of Indiana , Driving 70 to “ well fast”. No noise , no vibration , outstanding handling ! Rained in Tennessee , no problems ! Great traction! great gas mileage. I can get 18 around here . I average 15.7 mpg on highway, but that‘s getting into “The 🐎 “ . “ I mean what’s a HEMI for ? “. Left going up SR.81 , 2 lane road. Down pouring rain, no it’s used, Superb traction , no hydroplaning. “ Great tires, could not have been happier with my purchase”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 356

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
“OUTSTANDING”. Had new AT3’s installed. Last week to a vacation to Panama City Beach ,Fl. ( w/family ) Drove I-65 out of Indiana , Driving 70 to “ well fast”. No noise , no vibration , outstanding handling ! Rained in Tennessee , no problems ! Great traction! great gas mileage. I can get 18 around here . I average 15.7 mpg on highway, but that‘s getting into “The 🐎 “ . “ I mean what’s a HEMI for ? “. Left going up SR.81 , 2 lane road. Down pouring rain, no it’s used, Superb traction , no hydroplaning. “ Great tires, could not have been happier with my purchase”
Just installed mine too! I agree they are fantastic!

Attachments

• 6AEC0799-D9E7-4663-89CF-58F52ECC9A8E.jpeg
    6AEC0799-D9E7-4663-89CF-58F52ECC9A8E.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 369

JBV

Reaction score
glad you guys are happy with yours. i have a set that are about 6 months old and i find the road noise to be way more than i expected. fair bit of vibration as well. not the case with you guys or it just doesn't bother you for the high performance off road that you get?

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
glad you guys are happy with yours. i have a set that are about 6 months old and i find the road noise to be way more than i expected. fair bit of vibration as well. not the case with you guys or it just doesn't bother you for the high performance off road that you get?
Sorry I’ve tried to type this a couple times but my phone keeps messing up. I think it has a lot to do with personal experience. I’ve had a lot of loud rough tires in the past. And these are by far the best ride and quietest. It may have to do something with my Bill Steen suspension and the noise canceling cab. But don’t get me wrong I understand where you’re coming from

sgk

Reaction score
Thanks again, so if i had 35" tires i suppose id need to step it up to 24" rims to get that same look. What tires did you have previously just to see what you're comparing them to?

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Thanks again, so if i had 35" tires i suppose id need to step it up to 24" rims to get that same look. What tires did you have previously just to see what you're comparing them to?
This is a brand new combination, ordered together from custom offset. I had on 16 ram atture trail blades and they were awful.
I would have gone 35s but I feared not being able to clear that stuff shark fin on the roof.

JBV

Reaction score
so i posted earlier about my experience with these tires and road noise. well i'm an idiot. i've had the tires since last fall and slowly the truck has become louder, with more vibration and general 'coarseness' in driving.
i started thinking, this is not the tires, there's something wrong with my truck. so i bring it to my mechanic who goes for a drive and comes back laughing. how long have you been putting up with this? front wheel bearings are shot, and rear U joint as well. i get the truck back tomorrow with a big repair bill.

i'm sure those Toyo tires will be smooth and whisper quiet the next ride.....

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
so i posted earlier about my experience with these tires and road noise. well i'm an idiot. i've had the tires since last fall and slowly the truck has become louder, with more vibration and general 'coarseness' in driving.
i started thinking, this is not the tires, there's something wrong with my truck. so i bring it to my mechanic who goes for a drive and comes back laughing. how long have you been putting up with this? front wheel bearings are shot, and rear U joint as well. i get the truck back tomorrow with a big repair bill.

i'm sure those Toyo tires will be smooth and whisper quiet the next ride.....
Let’s hope so!!!🤞🏽🤞🏽 Keep us posted

Reaction score
I put a set on back in October. I live south of Erie PA and we get hammered with snow. They are amazing in all conditions so far and am extremely happy with them. I have 9k miles on them so far and could not be happier. I just put a set on my wife jeep grand Cherokee this past week!!

Attachments

• 20210611_182243.jpg
    20210611_182243.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 99

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Great tires. Have had mine in heavy rain, snow, mud, ruts, climbs, etc, and they keep mashing through whatever. Mine are wearing extremely well rotating every 5k miles.

Jlayman62

Reaction score
I’m looking for a set for my stock 2wd on 20’s. I’m doing a 2inch level if the front and hoping I can fit 295/65r20 OCAT3’s on there. Anyone else have that combo?

Rmazzei

Reaction score
recently put the AT3 305/45/22 on my 21 Limited. Could not be more happy with the look and ride. 1000% improvement over stock. no lift minor trimming of wheel well at full turn. Ram Toyo 305.45.22 c.jpg Ram Toyo 305.45.22 b.jpg Ram Toyo 305.45.22 a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread