5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyo MT 35X12.50R20LT Snow Tire Alternate

d21arren

Reaction score
I have these tires on my 6" lifted truck and they are awesome for summer, but with the hard knobs and width, I am finding out that they are terrible in snow and slide around all over the place. I am in northern WI, so we get our fair amount of snow. I would be looking to find a snow tire Blizzak type that would be able to match the outer diameter of these tires, but Blizzak does not list tire sizes similar to these Toyo MTs. Can someone help me out on what tire size I would need as a direct replacement for these? I do not want to throw off my spedo by changing the overall diameter. I might be willing to buy a second set of rims to run winter tires also. Or do i just need to bite the bullet and get a normal set of tires and have it look odd with my lift for the winter? Truck picture below for reference. 20200130_105830.jpg

Chris VB

Reaction score
I have these tires on my 6" lifted truck and they are awesome for summer, but with the hard knobs and width, I am finding out that they are terrible in snow and slide around all over the place. I am in northern WI, so we get our fair amount of snow. I would be looking to find a snow tire Blizzak type that would be able to match the outer diameter of these tires, but Blizzak does not list tire sizes similar to these Toyo MTs. Can someone help me out on what tire size I would need as a direct replacement for these? I do not want to throw off my spedo by changing the overall diameter. I might be willing to buy a second set of rims to run winter tires also. Or do i just need to bite the bullet and get a normal set of tires and have it look odd with my lift for the winter? Truck picture below for reference. View attachment 113090

That side wall doesn’t look like a Toyo M/T? It’s it a Nitto grappler?
a77cd50d36be026ba66888f785a28d03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on

Last edited:

Yamie700

Reaction score
I run 285/65/20 Falken Wildpeak AT3, Falken lists the outer diameter as 34.6". They list the same tire in 35x12.5x20 as 34.6". So you should be fine going with that metric size, a little narrower is good for snow as well. I just drove on the AT3 in snow and ice for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed with them. I had smaller BFG K02s last winter (275/60/20) and I feel like the Falkens are just as good if not better. Falkens are definitely better in the rain than the K02s.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the falken at3w on my last truck in a 34in for winter. They are one of the better tires I’ve used in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
You are actually right, it is a Nitto Grappler.

I know because I have Toyo m/ts but regardless they both suck in the snow lol. I got em for the looks, they ride great and are decently quiet.(for 37x13.5’s)
I know the Nitto exo grappler have a snow flake rating (symbol on the side of tire) and they look pretty cool. My buddy had them, he liked them.
e75d5778d7bfa51f29d10df3da710ace.jpg

d21arren

Reaction score
Those Nitto Exo Grapplers look like they are the real deal. I will check into them and see what I want to do. This will give me the look I want along with the assurance of driving over ice/ snow covered roads. Thanks

Chris VB

Reaction score
Those Nitto Exo Grapplers look like they are the real deal. I will check into them and see what I want to do. This will give me the look I want along with the assurance of driving over ice/ snow covered roads. Thanks

Your welcome! Also, talked to my friend who has them this morning and he has nothing but positive feedback! Says they ride nice and have good wear.

Users who are viewing this thread