5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyo AT3 285/60/20 tire pressure?

jamjr7411

Reaction score
Just upgraded to Toyo At3 285/60's on the stock 20x9 wheel. Any idea what tire pressure I should be running? Says max 80psi and stock tires were 36 psi. Thanks

badpewterz

Reaction score
follow the trucks specs, the tires can hold a MAX of 80. they dont need 80 to carry the load of the truck
tires can go on a milloon different applications and vehicles hence "max" 80
always follow the trucks sticker . add some more if carrying a heavy load

to much pressure will ride rough and wear out the middle of the tire as it wont have full contact

jamjr7411

Reaction score
follow the trucks specs, the tires can hold a MAX of 80. they dont need 80 to carry the load of the truck
tires can go on a milloon different applications and vehicles hence "max" 80
always follow the trucks sticker . add some more if carrying a heavy load

to much pressure will ride rough and wear out the middle of the tire as it wont have full contact
So my truck says 36 for the stock tire so just run 36?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new Pirelli Scorpion tires are max 44. My door sticker says 36 front and rear for the stock Bridgestone. I run 38 front and back on new tires because tires looked low at 36. They still look kinda low in front. Might go 40.

23RAM

Reaction score
I concur...however I've learned to always run a couple pounds higher than spec to get even wear. I tow a boat almost every weekend during the summer, but the rest of the year I'm light but usually with my wife, so I find the wear is pretty even this way and the ride is still good. I'm at 38 psi with the stock Bridgestones.

When new tires were needed for the SUV, I went with Pirelli Scopion Verde All Season Plus tires and ran them 2 psi over as well. Near perfect wear after some 60k km on them.

badpewterz

Reaction score
I concur...however I've learned to always run a couple pounds higher than spec to get even wear. I tow a boat almost every weekend during the summer, but the rest of the year I'm light but usually with my wife, so I find the wear is pretty even this way and the ride is still good. I'm at 38 psi with the stock Bridgestones.

When new tires were needed for the SUV, I went with Pirelli Scopion Verde All Season Plus tires and ran them 2 psi over as well. Near perfect wear after some 60k km on them.
correct, its an empty/daily starting point

camping season with my falken at3w i run 38 front 45 rear as it tows so much better with the added weight
(tires are 51 max load range D)

23RAM

Reaction score
correct that is all that is needed UNLOADED for everyday driviing
FYI - unloaded does not include passengers. Having a spouse and a couple kids in the RAM adds 200+ lbs to the load and that means more PSI for the tires (maybe 0.5-1 PSI). The default pressure is assuming a single driver, no passengers or cargo of any kind. The more you add (like a big grocery order), the more pressure you need to maintain a correct tire contact patch area for maximum traction and even tire wear.

Users who are viewing this thread