5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyo AT 3

EJ84

Reaction score
Can anyone give me first hand experience? Looking to buy these in 275/60/20.
How noisy are they? Did you notice a big MPG hit? How Dow they perform in rain and snow? Any pictures would be great

thanks

Last edited:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Check out this thread! Good 4 pages, thoughts from a few of us on this board about the tires.
If you're still stuck in quarantine or on Day 331 of "15 days to stop the spread", I've got some long *** posts in there. :ROFLMAO:

EJ84

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I’m also considering the nitto terra grappler G2 can anyone compare the 2?

L a r r y

Reaction score
I've at the Toyos AT3's for about 2 months now. Here is what I've noticed:

Tires ride slightly stiffer than stock tires. They take SOME of the "CADILLAC" ride out, but not to the point that it is disappointing. I've not noticed any more noise from them, as I suffer a little bit of tinnitus (I'm over 50 lemme lone) I've not had the chance to take them back in the thick dirty dirt roads, I've only have highway miles on them and they are some pretty good tires, with no complaints. I've also noticed less body roll while turning corners, the truck feels slightly more planted, as there is less sidewall flex.

Wet conditions, they feel really solid. I've not had any incidents when they didn't feel planted/solid on wet surfaces.

Snow...Just this weekend, here in Dallas, we got some snow and I got out and put them to the test, and for a short 30 minute drive, I never felt uneasy coming from a dead stop, turning, or accelerating (Take it, I never got over 30mph)

OVERALL....I LIKE EM ALOT....I will get another set when these wear out

EJ84

Reaction score
Larry,

what size are you running? Any pics? Did you notice a significant drop in Mpg

L a r r y

Reaction score
Larry,

what size are you running? Any pics? Did you notice a significant drop in Mpg
I went back with the stock tire size. I noticed about a 1mpg drop driving in the city. I have noticed that I get better mpg if I am driving 80mph, and that is with the stock tires and the new AT3's

Users who are viewing this thread