5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with Nexen?

PhotogDSlavey

Reaction score
Hey there!

Curious if anyone is towing anything "substantial" with their Ram and Nexen tires? I have Nexen Roadian HTX RH5, 275/55R20 and trying to find my sweet spot with air pressure. My goal is to inflate cold to around 47psi when towing...they say 51psi max cold...I'll put them back to 36 for normal use. First, I'd like to figure out how to turn off the tire fill assist lol. I keep reading that it's in the uconnect settings, but I have yet to find it. Getting back to towing...I just feel that my setup right now with around 41psi still leaves a lot to be desired. Towing feels squirly on the highway, but I'm fairly level now with the Air Lift 1000HD bags and my Andersen hitch. Keep wondering if it's the tires? Trailer is 32', over 6,000lbs with just over 700lbs tongue weight. Thanks for any help or thoughts! :). Setup pic included.

IMG_0939.JPG

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you download the User Manual (the truck came with a User's Guide) you can search the pdf.

Page 595 in the manual under "Safety and Driving Assistance"

PhotogDSlavey

Reaction score
Thanks Gondul :) I looked through the manual download earlier and don't have the tire fill assist in my "Safety and Driving Assistance" menu. However, when filling the tires I got the single (then eventually) triple chirp. That's what prompted me to explore. I'll venture through everything again and see what I can find. Thanks again!

soedog

Reaction score
Thanks Gondul :) I looked through the manual download earlier and don't have the tire fill assist in my "Safety and Driving Assistance" menu. However, when filling the tires I got the single (then eventually) triple chirp. That's what prompted me to explore. I'll venture through everything again and see what I can find. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread