5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with a Mopar 2” Lift ? With stock tires 20” wheel

Portercycling250

Reaction score
I have looked at a lot of suspension posts about the Mopar 2” lift but I could not find specifically about having it and towing. I am installing the 2” Mopar lift for the looks and keeping my stock 20” wheel setup. Other than maybe upgrading to the Michelin defender LTX tire i will not be adding larger tires. Whomever has done this how is the towing ? Similar to stock ? A lot of comments on the suspension Mopar thread typically suggest that the ride is as good as stock if not a bit better for Dailey driving. Thanks for any comments in advance.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have looked at a lot of suspension posts about the Mopar 2” lift but I could not find specifically about having it and towing. I am installing the 2” Mopar lift for the looks and keeping my stock 20” wheel setup. Other than maybe upgrading to the Michelin defender LTX tire i will not be adding larger tires. Whomever has done this how is the towing ? Similar to stock ? A lot of comments on the suspension Mopar thread typically suggest that the ride is as good as stock if not a bit better for Dailey driving. Thanks for any comments in advance.
I tow often with the Mopar lift and my recommendation would be to get the hellwig sway bar with adjustable end links (P/N 7883). This will help with rear stability and sway while towing, the before and after difference was unbelievable.

EDIT:. I do however have 35" E rated tires instead of stock.

Last edited:

Portercycling250

Reaction score
I tow often with the Mopar lift and my recommendation would be to get the hellwig sway bar with adjustable end links (P/N 7883). This will help with rear stability and sway while towing, the before and after difference was unbelievable.

I did not mention but am already confirming with Hellwig on the correct part number for my truck. 👍 it will be installed when my lift comes in 👍

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not mention but am already confirming with Hellwig on the correct part number for my truck. 👍 it will be installed when my lift comes in 👍
Perfect, that will make life better while towing. Not sure what you tow but maybe start looking at drop hitches or adjustable ball hitches since you will have an extra few inches of height. I've found an adjustable 5" drop to 6" rise pretty much works for everything I tow.

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Perfect, that will make life better while towing. Not sure what you tow but maybe start looking at drop hitches or adjustable ball hitches since you will have an extra few inches of height. I've found an adjustable 5" drop to 6" rise pretty much works for everything I tow.
I’ll be using the Anderson WDH . It comes with ball hitch. I am about to buy trailer shortly then I can measure height on hitch and trailer. Anderson has the drop or rise as needed . Thanks for your reply.

Portercycling250

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the mopar lift on stock tire size?
Well depending on how long I have to wait for parts I’ll post soon after a picture. I’d love to see a pic now though with the 20” stock wheel.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the look I was hoping for. I love it.. Mopar lift on order but I’ll be so excited once I get it installed and with the Hellwig sway bar . 👍.. thanks for finding this . ORP aside I want the rake for towing of course 👍
No problem, spend enough time on here and you know where to find everything lol. You will be happy with the Mopar lift 👍.....happy trails.

Rambro23

Reaction score

I have the Hellwig sway bar and am curious if the end links are mandatory? I'm sure they help, but does the MOPAR 2" lift require new end links?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Hellwig sway bar and am curious if the end links are mandatory? I'm sure they help, but does the MOPAR 2" lift require new end links?
Def not mandatory but recommended with a 2" lift or more. If you kept stock end links with your lift then your sway bar is prob not sitting parallel to the ground and will not be as effective. The beefier adjustable end links will give you extra stability as well.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Def not mandatory but recommended with a 2" lift or more. If you kept stock end links with your lift then your sway bar is prob not sitting parallel to the ground and will not be as effective. The beefier adjustable end links will give you extra stability as well.
Good to know, thanks!

Portercycling250

Reaction score
How do those fox shocks ride compared to stock?
Since I’ve only had 2500 KM on the truck stock and now with new shocks new tires ( from studded) I did not have a lot of experience with the OEM setup and am just starting with the new setup. I’m happy to say so far so good. I don’t and won’t be off-road so pavement only ride is as good as OEM I feel and much better on absorbing the bumps and potholes so far.

Users who are viewing this thread