5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing With A 2019 Rebel??

Jenks

Reaction score
What @Zeronet said.

I have a whole thread on my dilemma about wanting a Rebel, but I need to haul and tow and i haul more often than i tow...so I can't make the want outweigh the need

Ya I did read that thread. Im in the same boat. I really want the truck I want but am trying to be responsible about the whopping 10 days or less I tow a year.

lambone

Reaction score
They are great trucks and I just also downsized out of a big diesel megacab 3/4 ton.

I wish I had paid closer attention to its payload capacity. My Laramie is at #1442 and I’ve added weight (LineX, Bakflip, bigger wheels and tires) As the trailers I’m looking at have tongue weights at 700-800lbs

That doesn’t leave much remaining capacity for my family and even minimal stuff in the truck.

Sigh

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are great trucks and I just also downsized out of a big diesel megacab 3/4 ton.

I wish I had paid closer attention to its payload capacity. My Laramie is at #1442 and I’ve added weight (LineX, Bakflip, bigger wheels and tires) As the trailers I’m looking at have tongue weights at 700-800lbs

That doesn’t leave much remaining capacity for my family and even minimal stuff in the truck.

Sigh
People buy powerwagon thinking they can tow big trailers...payload is about 1300lbs.

I bet the mega cab was way down also.

A tradesman 2500 has about 3800lbs...a Laramie Longhorn same configuration will be lucky to have 2500lbs.

I really hope your camper search works out.

Thanks for keeping us posted on this journey. It is a frustrating one.

Users who are viewing this thread