5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with 35s. Anyone doing it???

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Like the title says, just looking for some input from anyone who might tow that has put 35" tires on there truck. Hows the gas mileage and is it putting any noticeable stress on the truck? Thanks in advance!

jamesfg

Reaction score
Towed my enclosed 20 footer on the freeway at 70 and no probs but kept it in 7th gear due to the lift and tires. Truck got up to street traffic speed 40-50 mph effortlessly but I'm assured it's all due to the 3.92's

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problems here pulling livestock trailer. Normally in the 6-7000# range. Do tow 10,000# rarely on backroads (just because that is the best route, wouldn’t be afraid to take it on the highway if needed) at around 50-55mph no problems (could go faster but the roads are too rough). Power and acceleration not an issue, I also have rear in coil air bags that help tremendously (obviously I do not have air suspension). As for mileage, I really can’t say, sorry about that. I generally hook to the trailer, load it, tow less than 30 miles or so round trip, unhook, then maybe do it again within a few days. Not consistent enough to get a good, accurate mpg for you guys. I do not want to go off the instrument readout as the trips are too short and my speedo is not calibrated for the 35’s or the 34’s I currently have on that I run in the winter. When I make a longer trip I will have to do the mpg’s on paper. Good luck!(y)

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! That makes me feel better. I am going to lift my truck and wasn't sure how big I wanted to go since I tow. Good to see these trucks can handle bigger tires!

Users who are viewing this thread