5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing Mirrors?

Joemama88

Reaction score
New to the group. Plan on getting a 2024 Big Horn that has the tow package. I really don't need the tow package but last one with this color on the lot. How much bigger are the tow mirrors compared to regular? Can I switch them for regular mirrors?

Thanks,

Adam109

Reaction score
What model is the truck. Tow mirrors stick out a little more than regular. However you can do a swap. Easiest way to do it is find a set of mirrors with the same function as yours. For example heated, power folding, blind spot, etc

rick619

Reaction score
I have the tow mirrors, did want the tow package. Definitely an adjustment to get used to them. I'm about 3 weeks into owning mine and am getting there.

Bottom line is you can adjust the larger portion of the mirror with the electric controls, but have to manually adjust the smaller outside portion. The first week I didn't realize you have to move the smaller part manually and was having issues changing lanes. Almost caused an accident. Once I adjusted them manually, they're much better.

If you're not planning to tow much, I can understand wanting to swap them out.

Gren71

Reaction score
Unless someone has measurements i think they’re pretty close to the same length. I have the tow mirrors and like other said, they take a little getting used to. But i like them 🤷‍♂️ very well could be since i have never had the standard ones. I can say that while towing my 30ft TT i dont fold them up…i leave them in their regular place and they work fine. If they had the option of an auto recall to where you had them set when they were i each position i think theyd be more user friendly.

drydocked

Reaction score
Unless someone has measurements i think they’re pretty close to the same length. I have the tow mirrors and like other said, they take a little getting used to. But i like them 🤷‍♂️ very well could be since i have never had the standard ones. I can say that while towing my 30ft TT i dont fold them up…i leave them in their regular place and they work fine. If they had the option of an auto recall to where you had them set when they were i each position i think theyd be more user friendly.
I use the two driver memory presets to set the mirrors for each position, #1 is for the mirrors down, #2 is for the mirrors up. Works for me since I'm the only driver and don't need the 2nd driver memory. I like the blind spot mirror on the tow mirrors a lot better than the regular mirrors, even in the down position, and I have them set so they work in either position without having to adjust when I'm towing.

Gren71

Reaction score
I use the two driver memory presets to set the mirrors for each position, #1 is for the mirrors down, #2 is for the mirrors up. Works for me since I'm the only driver and don't need the 2nd driver memory. I like the blind spot mirror on the tow mirrors a lot better than the regular mirrors, even in the down position, and I have them set so they work in either position without having to adjust when I'm towing.
I didn’t get the mirror memory option 🤦‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread