5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing Mirrors Deleted / Safety Group

smokeybear

Reaction score
A strange thing happened when I built & ordered my 2022 / 2500. This was in the Tradesman line, I selected "Trailer Tow Mirrors". Then I decided I wanted the "Safety Group" - (not a cheap option on the Tradesman line BTW), got a warning flag that said my selection on mirrors was deleted. Hmm, I thought ok, they must have an alternative since the Safety Group includes "Blind Spot with Tag Trailer & Cross Path Protection". More and more this bothered me so I asked the dealer -(they have yet to get back to me). So, it looks like the blind spot detection will tell you someone is beside you but you just can't see them? LOL We will see what the dealer says - I told them I need Tow Mirrors! Truck is built and should be shipping soon.
Has this happed to anyone else?

Airstreamin

Reaction score
The blind spot detection looks back 30+ feet. nice to have when towing.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried it and it looks like it added the towing technology group when I added the safety group. The TTG has power tow mirrors included, so that's why it deleted them from where you selected the mirrors by themselves. At least that's how it appears to me.

Users who are viewing this thread