5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing Mirrors and Front camera

citpyrkf

Reaction score
Ok, so I get it. When I ordered my 2019 limited I missed out on the fact that when you get towing mirrors you lose 360 camera functionality. No cameras on the tow mirrors, and no motorized fold on the mirrors as well, both disappointing items I would have not missed if I had looked in this forum before I ordered. But why would they remove the front camera? It seems like you could still have some great use for that, such as parking. I'm not sure this could be addressed. Ram does a great job listening to its customers, see the Ram Rebel 12, I hope they fix this issue as well.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with you. I did some amazing off road driving last week that had a lot of places where you can't see what's ahead of you and was next to some truck-ending dropoffs. With the 360 camera, I was able to turn on the front cam while driving slow to see what was ahead of me perfectly. Awesome feature and no idea why it's not available on the tow package or even standard on the Rebel.
20181029_131413b.jpg

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Yea, Ram and GMC/Chevy both do this. My current Ford has automatic folding TOW mirrors with cameras for 360 degree camera. I would imagine this will be an option soon enough.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked into it. The cool thing is all the cameras are wired with a coax cable(Reason why camera picture quality is so good) So I think you could add this if you get the image module. Also the mirrors and front camera. You would only need the sales code added for 360 camera. If you want the power fold to work you need the new door modules and door switch and the sales code for that. I have heard Infotainment is working on it as they have been getting a ton of calls. I think if they get enough calls it will get expedited.

That being said you can't add just a front camera with a switcher anymore because of the cameras being coax.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with Tow Mirrors. Hate to say it, but don't like them at all. I got them in tow package since I tow my horses. Have tried to adjust multiple ways and not clicking for me. Was told that I can not change to normal Ram mirrors. Any ideas how to change to standard Ram mirrors? Love to have a standard wide angle mirror on passenger side (like a normal car) and one large mirror on driver side. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

Tico77

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat.
Looking for options to replace the mirrors and install the front camera.

bskubon

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat, just got a 2020 limited with the trailer option. Didn’t find out till next day after bringing new truck home that for a $400 option they remove three cameras. Just saw a 2500 today with the same trailer mirrors, BUT it has the cameras on the fixed portion of the mirror. Thus FCA has the technology/parts, why can’t that be put on the 1500? As others said, why would they also remove the front camera. Wonder If you could get the fixed portion of the side mirrors for the 2500 and the front camera (under the A of RAM), just wonder what else would be needed. Assume the dealer can enable the surround view option. Still don’t understand the logic from Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread