5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing in Aero mode?

aprez

Reaction score
Just had my WDH adjusted for my new truck since I came from a lifted Gladiator. Now my question is, when towing should leave it in Aero Mode. I'm thinking it's ok otherwise tow/haul mode would probably put the truck at NRH automatically. Reason I'm asking is NRH didn't feel that stable, so I lowered it down to Aero mode and that felt a lot better. Less bucking and wagging. 22' camper at 3500lbs.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It depends if your hitch is properly level for what you are towing.
It shouldn't really make a difference, aero puts you closer to the round and thus lowers you center of gravity for more handling. You might get a little increased wear on the insides of your tires but nothing to worry about.
If you plan on towing 24/7 and want to use Aero you cold get an front end alignment in aero to reduce extra wear on the tires, but again it should be a really minor difference.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it felt better in aero, you probably need to adjust the WDH again, in aero mode. When you lowered, you got more tongue weight transfer (spring bar action) to the truck front axle, so you didn't have enough at NRH.

RookieB555

Reaction score
If it felt better in aero, you probably need to adjust the WDH again, in aero mode. When you lowered, you got more tongue weight transfer (spring bar action) to the truck front axle, so you didn't have enough at NRH.

Agreed, recently I towed and there was a lot of wind. Going to Aero mode felt better and put more weight on the front from the WDH. Like you said, probably need to check my WDH setup again.

Users who are viewing this thread