5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Option weight PDF for DS RAM 1500...it will get ya close

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To give you an idea my payload is 1426 lbs with all the options I got on my Big Horn (which is most of them).

I sacrificed payload for options as I don't tow much besides a utility or U-Haul trailer any more.

If you are curious how much the options weigh I have attached the option weights sheet that I have for my 2019. I am sure the newer ones are floating around on the internet but I only have the one for my truck.

Attachments

• 2019_DT_Option Weights.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 53

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I copied this post here.

Everyone just keeps asking the same questions about weight..but at the time of this post only 63 people had noticed this PDF.

We have been through this many times...here are some answers...done by a simple search.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is no inconvenience. I just keep trying to find a way to get all the info to one place and help.

I have no issue with helping someone learn how to do something safely.

Glad to see you want to know how to tow safely

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well thank you! NGL, I thought I did enough research before ordering but evidently not. There's so much to know.

I think I will still be able to get a trailer I'll be satisfied with for now, but I can definitely see myself trading in for a 2500, and a bigger trailer, in the next 3-5 years.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well thank you! NGL, I thought I did enough research before ordering but evidently not. There's so much to know.

I think I will still be able to get a trailer I'll be satisfied with for now, but I can definitely see myself trading in for a 2500, and a bigger trailer, in the next 3-5 years.
It doesn't get any easier once you go to a HeftyDuty either.

I bought our camper size for the style of camping we do.

It is 24 foot and weighs about 6000lbs. I tow it with a 2500 that is 22 feet long and weighs almost 9 k loaded for camping...and I still have moments where I scream to the towing gods...how are these half ton guys doing this without a nervous breakdown.

I tow very comfortably and enjoy the ride.

Being involved in the subject keeps me aware that my HeftyDuty choice is right for me.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't get any easier once you go to a HeftyDuty either.

I bought our camper size for the style of camping we do.

It is 24 foot and weighs about 6000lbs. I tow it with a 2500 that is 22 feet long and weighs almost 9 k loaded for camping...and I still have moments where I scream to the towing gods...how are these half ton guys doing this without a nervous breakdown.

I tow very comfortably and enjoy the ride.

Being involved in the subject keeps me aware that my HeftyDuty choice is right for me.
I'm just glad you and this forum are here, I would have been legit distraught finding these things out piecemeal as I tried to put my set up together and having to go continually smaller and lighter with everything. Now I have my expectations in check, and my choices hyper-narrowed down for me.

If you don't mind, concerning that weight chart PDF

1) I am SO GLAD I didn't (couldn't) get the Ram boxes. 146lbs hit! Geez!

2) Since I'm not going to be putting anything in the bed to tow anyway, removing the tonneau cover gets me 45lbs back, so that's nice.

3) It says the power sunroof is only 20lbs…? I think maybe that is not the dual pane pano (which came later?) but is the dual pane really 150lbs then?

4) I may have missed it but I didn't see the weight for the multi-function tailgate…

5) Someone suggested removing the spare/jack would get me back 50-75 lbs. I have emergency roadside assistance through my insurance (Geico), and a Mophie portable jumper with air compressor. Think it's okay to drop the spare?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just glad you and this forum are here, I would have been legit distraught finding these things out piecemeal as I tried to put my set up together and having to go continually smaller and lighter with everything. Now I have my expectations in check, and my choices hyper-narrowed down for me.

If you don't mind, concerning that weight chart PDF

1) I am SO GLAD I didn't (couldn't) get the Ram boxes. 146lbs hit! Geez!

2) Since I'm not going to be putting anything in the bed to tow anyway, removing the tonneau cover gets me 45lbs back, so that's nice.

3) It says the power sunroof is only 20lbs…? I think maybe that is not the dual pane pano (which came later?) but is the dual pane really 150lbs then?

4) I may have missed it but I didn't see the weight for the multi-function tailgate…

5) Someone suggested removing the spare/jack would get me back 50-75 lbs. I have emergency roadside assistance through my insurance (Geico), and a Mophie portable jumper with air compressor. Think it's okay to drop the spare?

Looks like spreadsheet is for DS not DT, that’s why it’s off a bit.

MFT is a 65-75 lbs hit.

Users who are viewing this thread