5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing 667lbs from max with warlock? Experiences?

Naturenut

Reaction score
At the end of the year I plan to trade in my 2019 ram 1500 classic slt. I’m having a hard time deciding on a RAM warlock (which only comes in classic body style), or one of the new body styles. I’m not a huge fan of the new ones and they don’t have warlocks in the new style. Problem is the towing capacity.

I weighed up my boat(full of gas), trailer, motor and fishing gear. And it came out to 1640 kg (3,608 lbs).

New body (DT) style is rated for towing 6,460lbs for 4x4 crew cab. With the 3.21 axle. The 3.55 axle maximum towing is 7,460 lbs. I HATE THIS BODY STYLE!

Warlock body I love but the maximum towing capacity (for the v6 pentastar, which is the motor I wanna go to due to gas prices, though I love the current hemi I drive I need a more fuel efficient motor)with the 3.21 axle is only 4,390lbs for crew cab 4x4. The 3.55 axle is 7,440 lbs.

All the dealerships around me seem to order mostly warlocks with 3.21 axles. This puts me around 782 lbs from max capacity and I plan to add a kicker motor to my boat that weighs 115lbs, which brings me 667lbs from max towing with a warlock with a 3.21 axle.

Opinions please? Has anyone on here been towing with a warlock or other classic with the 3.21 axle around 667lbs from max towing? Bad experiences? I’m hoping I can find a 3.55 axle warlock but I need to research in case I can’t find one I like. Thanks for any help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread