5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing 2025 hurricane SO

MT755

Reaction score
Has anyone towed any distance with a 9000 lbs travel trailer? Thoughts? It will be cool when TFL truck compares a 5.7 to a 3.0 SO to a 3.0 HO.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
If you’re towing 9k with a 1500, please tell me what roads you use so I can stay away….

even a perfectly balanced/loaded trailer at 12% tongue weight puts you close to max payload on anything but a tradesman - and that’s before you add you (and family?), fuel, and the other 300# of stuff we all carry day to day in the truck. Not to mention that a 9k trailer is the tail wagging the dog on a 7k 1500. I towed a 6k with a 1500 and any wind > 30mph was able to move the whole thing sideways several inches quite easily. I have a 9k trailer now myself and rent a 2500 to move it until the Ramcharger comes out (fingers crossed, 4-leaf clover found, horseshoe mounted above door and garage thoroughly saged).

MT755

Reaction score
I
If you’re towing 9k with a 1500, please tell me what roads you use so I can stay away….

even a perfectly balanced/loaded trailer at 12% tongue weight puts you close to max payload on anything but a tradesman - and that’s before you add you (and family?), fuel, and the other 300# of stuff we all carry day to day in the truck. Not to mention that a 9k trailer is the tail wagging the dog on a 7k 1500. I towed a 6k with a 1500 and any wind > 30mph was able to move the whole thing sideways several inches quite easily. I have a 9k trailer now myself and rent a 2500 to move it until the Ramcharger comes out (fingers crossed, 4-leaf clover found, horseshoe mounted above door and garage thoroughly saged).
I currently tow 8000 with a TRX and propride hitch. No issues. It drives and pulls great. It's just me and the wife for weight in the truck. The 8000 includes everything. The propride hitch makes all the difference in the world. And yes, I know I'm at the maximum for the gvwr, payload and gcwr.

MT755

Reaction score

I'll get a 2500 when they have full air ride. Normal 2500's ride too rough for this guy.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tongue weight of a 9000 trailer with me in the drivers seat would exceed my cargo capacity. Add another passenger or two and the stuff I normally carry in the bed an I would be WAY over.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
I'll get a 2500 when they have full air ride. Normal 2500's ride too rough for this guy.
First time I rented a 2500 I thought ’not bad’. Second time they gave me a Silverado… I couldnt believe how bad it was. “like a rock” must refer to the suspension! Since then, I’ve insisted on 2500’s and while they aren’t my 1500 Ltd to be sure, they’ve been more than tolerable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/