5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towed Tracer 31BDH with 1500

cbcarpenter

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the Prime Time Tracer 31BDH. After CAT scale measurement, trailer with full load was 7400. My payload capacity is 1734, and I was sitting at 1250 for payload. I felt very comfortable towing this and really had no issues. My setup:

2020 1500 Longhorn 5.7 w/ 3.91
Timbrens
Equalizer E2
K&N cold air intake
Catback exhaust - Magnaflow

Mileage driving from Virginia to Gatlinburg, TN was sitting at 9, so I rarely passed a gas station I didn't like. Lol

I experienced trailer sway one time, when an 18 wheeler carrying vehicles passed me. It lasted about 3 seconds and I bumped the trailer brakes. The WD hitch must have been magic, because everything rode very well. I thinknId like to upgrade the shocks and am opennto suggestions. The truck was resting on the timbrens the entire time, and I don't think the shocks are beefy enough to minimize bounce at this weight. Non-issue were the brakes; had the brake controller gain at 7.5.

Just wanted to let the community know that the truck was very capable to tow this length and weight, at least on this trip (400 miles with decent elevation changes).

downsc123

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the Prime Time Tracer 31BDH. After CAT scale measurement, trailer with full load was 7400. My payload capacity is 1734, and I was sitting at 1250 for payload. I felt very comfortable towing this and really had no issues. My setup:

2020 1500 Longhorn 5.7 w/ 3.91
Timbrens
Equalizer E2
K&N cold air intake
Catback exhaust - Magnaflow

Mileage driving from Virginia to Gatlinburg, TN was sitting at 9, so I rarely passed a gas station I didn't like. Lol

I experienced trailer sway one time, when an 18 wheeler carrying vehicles passed me. It lasted about 3 seconds and I bumped the trailer brakes. The WD hitch must have been magic, because everything rode very well. I thinknId like to upgrade the shocks and am opennto suggestions. The truck was resting on the timbrens the entire time, and I don't think the shocks are beefy enough to minimize bounce at this weight. Non-issue were the brakes; had the brake controller gain at 7.5.

Just wanted to let the community know that the truck was very capable to tow this length and weight, at least on this trip (400 miles with decent elevation changes).
Good share. Did you have the brake controller at heavy electric with that gain?

Users who are viewing this thread