5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow package mirror issue

Bluedog

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m trying to understand the issue with the tow package mirrors. Is it just that they are unpowered and you don’t get the 360 camera? Or something else? Can it be addressed later? My truck is still on order (Laramie crew), want to know if this is worth eating my 1k deposit.

Thanks-

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the tow package, the mirrors themselves are power and heated, and they manually flip up and out to provide the extra visibility around trailers. However, they do not (at this time) support the side view camera's, so if you are purchasing the advanced safety group with the 360° birds eye view on the screen (available on Laramie and up trim levels), you will not have that particular feature. It also delete's the front camera as well, because the front camera is only used in the 360° view.

The trailer tow mirrors do not power fold either, so if you are purchasing a Big Horn or higher trim level (such as the Laramie) you will also lose the power fold ability, regardless of your selection for the advanced safety group.

Here's what's included in the Trailer Tow Group:
Trailer Tow Mirrors
Trailer Brake Controller

My truck already came with the same class IV hitch and 7 Blade trailer wiring (Pretty sure all Hemi 4x4's do), so the only thing I have to do to get the tow package and keep my 360° camera, is add the trailer brake controller, which you can select as a stand alone option when ordering, or have added at any time after the sale.

Last edited:

Bluedog

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Working on it. Ram care doesn’t even have a record of my von yet, so I’m hoping I can make the change.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
With the tow package, the mirrors themselves are power and heated, and they manually flip up and out to provide the extra visibility around trailers. However, they do not (at this time) support the side view camera's, so if you are purchasing the advanced safety group with the 360° birds eye view on the screen (available on Laramie and up trim levels), you will not have that particular feature. It also delete's the front camera as well, because the front camera is only used in the 360° view.

The trailer tow mirrors do not power fold either, so if you are purchasing a Big Horn or higher trim level (such as the Laramie) you will also lose the power fold ability, regardless of your selection for the advanced safety group.

Here's what's included in the Trailer Tow Group:
Trailer Tow Mirrors
Trailer Brake Controller

My truck already came with the same class IV hitch and 7 Blade trailer wiring (Pretty sure all Hemi 4x4's do), so the only thing I have to do to get the tow package and keep my 360° camera, is add the trailer brake controller, which you can select as a stand alone option when ordering, or have added at any time after the sale.
^^^ This ^^^

If you don't need tow mirrors, then I would def not get them. If you want 360 camera, and/or need to fold your mirrors daily because of a parking situation, than it's a no brainer, as no one wants to get out of their truck to manually fold mirrors every time they park. That will get really, really old on day #2...

Cheers,

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can change your order all the way up until you have a VIN assigned, I believe. After that you need to cancel it and start a new order. Talk with your dealer asap. RamCares isn't necessarily always up to date.

Bluedog

Reaction score
Awesome. He’s supposed to call me back tomorrow morning. Any other gotchas I should be aware of? Like if I order package Xyz, it deletes some other feature somewhere else?

Bluedog

Reaction score
Talked to the manager today. Confirmed we can either change the order or cancel and reorder.

Feeing much better.

Users who are viewing this thread