5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirrors

Toxic1

Reaction score
Afternoon,
So after 6 Ram 2500 Diesels over the last 22 years I decided to go with a 1500 earlier this year. I mostly travel with just the truck but occasionally tow a 20' x 102" enclosed car trailer (maybe 8-10 times a year).
Problem is all the 2500's had the tow mirrors so not an issue with the trailer. The 1500 has the tow package with trailer tire sensors and rear steering, however it does not have the tow mirrors. I've been looking at swapping to the tow mirrors but where it's only a few times a year, not sure it's worth going through all that. I was wondering if anyone has used the ones that clip over the current mirror to extend the view and can recommend a good set. I see lots of them advertised but am weary that most are cheap crap. Any info appreciated.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Afternoon,
So after 6 Ram 2500 Diesels over the last 22 years I decided to go with a 1500 earlier this year. I mostly travel with just the truck but occasionally tow a 20' x 102" enclosed car trailer (maybe 8-10 times a year).
Problem is all the 2500's had the tow mirrors so not an issue with the trailer. The 1500 has the tow package with trailer tire sensors and rear steering, however it does not have the tow mirrors. I've been looking at swapping to the tow mirrors but where it's only a few times a year, not sure it's worth going through all that. I was wondering if anyone has used the ones that clip over the current mirror to extend the view and can recommend a good set. I see lots of them advertised but am weary that most are cheap crap. Any info appreciated.
I hate the look of the "moose antler" tow mirrors. I specifically ordered mine without, and plan on using the clip ons. I wish the 1500s had the new power extending mirrors the new 2500s have. Check out etrailer.com. They sell the mirrors extentions with customer ratings.

Dewright

Reaction score
Afternoon,
i have some OEM Chrome tow mirrors that i replaced with Black from my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie that i am looking to sell. They have BSM indicators, puddle lights, pwer adjust, heated and memory. PM me if interested. Thanks

Davidbt

Reaction score
I ordered the Fit System brand clip on mirrors from Amazon. So far they work great, nice and tight and all of your lights and signals work. They definitely improved the view out of the passenger window when passing, which is what I needed for our travel trailer. Only used them once so far, but they will get an extended 3 week trip October 2nd.

wheelerguy05

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2022 Ram 2500, I love the truck, but I hate the mirrors.
I have found some aftermarket mirrors I like, but I have the 360 surround camera system.
I have not found any aftermarket mirrors with cameras. Are there any aftermarket side view cameras that will work with the ram system?
I don't want to lose my towing cameras, If I decide to change my mirrors.

Thank you!!

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Hi,
I have a 2022 Ram 2500, I love the truck, but I hate the mirrors.
I have found some aftermarket mirrors I like, but I have the 360 surround camera system.
I have not found any aftermarket mirrors with cameras. Are there any aftermarket side view cameras that will work with the ram system?
I don't want to lose my towing cameras, If I decide to change my mirrors.

Thank you!!
Try asking over at Homepage - HD Rams . This site is geared to the 1500s.

Users who are viewing this thread