5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors swap for Regular Mirrors

devzw3

Reaction score
Hello all,

here is my first post and although I have seen some similar threads involving this question, none really had this many features involved.
I just picked up a used 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel pretty fully loaded. It has the 360 degree camera's, blind spot monitor, folding mirrors etc. Only issue to me is they are the full size tow mirrors (like on the 2500 trucks) and being that I was testing out a 2021 EcoDiesel before buying this Hemi, it had the regular sized mirrors with all the same options.

Now my question, I know it may or will require programming if I swapped mirrors and that is fine, but where do I go about even finding some regular mirrors with all the same options? Is there one main part number that I can use to swap in? Do I have to build up a whole sheet piece by piece? Would another forum member be interested in swapping the "upgraded extra cost" tow mirrors I have for their regular mirrors?

I don't even care for the folding much, just want to keep blind spot monitoring and the 360 degree cameras...

Any help would be appreciated!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're able to find mirrors with all the same functions, no programming is required. Just unplug the old ones and plug the new ones back in.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boost Auto makes quality aftermarket mirrors for our trucks and I THINK they offer all options that can come from the factory as well. They are pricey though.

devzw3

Reaction score
If you're able to find mirrors with all the same functions, no programming is required. Just unplug the old ones and plug the new ones back in.
Hey thank you a ton for this information! Makes a lot more sense now where the programming is needed...it is if you are ADDING features to the truck that were not there before. Ok cool, so I just have to either find a place to get the regular mirrors with power folding, blind spot, and Camera or find someone that wants tow mirrors with the same options listed previously for a swap...

Seems simple enough! Thanks again!

pinzg35

Reaction score
Hello all,

here is my first post and although I have seen some similar threads involving this question, none really had this many features involved.
I just picked up a used 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel pretty fully loaded. It has the 360 degree camera's, blind spot monitor, folding mirrors etc. Only issue to me is they are the full size tow mirrors (like on the 2500 trucks) and being that I was testing out a 2021 EcoDiesel before buying this Hemi, it had the regular sized mirrors with all the same options.

Now my question, I know it may or will require programming if I swapped mirrors and that is fine, but where do I go about even finding some regular mirrors with all the same options? Is there one main part number that I can use to swap in? Do I have to build up a whole sheet piece by piece? Would another forum member be interested in swapping the "upgraded extra cost" tow mirrors I have for their regular mirrors?

I don't even care for the folding much, just want to keep blind spot monitoring and the 360 degree cameras...

Any help would be appreciated!
Congrats on the truck. So I tried this, swapping my tow mirrors with all options for standard mirrors with the same options. The swap was plug and play until the 360 cam part. The side cameras will ‘work’ but the stitching will be off because the mirrors cameras are placed differently on the mirrors. I tried recalibrating them using AlphaOBD but every time it tried to calibrate the side mirrors, I would get an error message. After numerous times I gave up and reinstalled the tow mirrors and all the cams calibrated back to normal. The problem is if your truck came built from the factory with the tow mirror sales code, the standard mirror cameras won’t calibrate because of that sales code. I was told some dealers might help you get the sales code changed but it’s something they can’t do in house (unlike adding sales codes, which they can do) so they have to call FCA to see if they will change since it’s tied to your VIN. Too much of a hassle for me so just keeping the tow mirrors on. It’s funny because I used to dislike them but not sure if I’m just used to them now but think they look ‘fine’ lol. Hope that’s helpful!

Simzram22

Reaction score
Okay so here is a question I’m looking to do the same thing. Go from tow to regular but mines a 19 so no 360 or auto fold, but it does have blind spot. I have someone who wants to trade they are power everting except blind spot. Has anyone tried to just buy the glass/mirror with blind spot and run the wire that’s already going to the tow mirrors. Would this work the backs of the mirrors look the same just an extra wire running to the BS. Thanks

acitalianman13

Reaction score
I’m looking to do the same on
A 2019. Want to go from tow mirror with blind spot no 360 camera to regular. Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
I’m looking to do the same on
A 2019. Want to go from tow mirror with blind spot no 360 camera to regular. Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am moving all mine to a 2021 Tow Mirror with 360 (door module, etc, ) if your interested in purchasing the mirrors, and door modules.

Geddesk2

Reaction score
Im looking to swap my tow mirrors on my 2024 with regular mirrors. Has anyone been able to get the dealer or alphaobd to fix the issue above?

Arth

Reaction score
I am moving all mine to a 2021 Tow Mirror with 360 (door module, etc, ) if your interested in purchasing the mirrors, and door modules.
What style of tow mirrors do you have? Chrome or black?

Users who are viewing this thread