5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors Poll

How are your Side Mirrors Configured?

• Total voters

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was discussing this with a friend and he claimed that people having their (trailer) tow mirrors always flipped up, is a “trend”. I just said a lot of hillbillies and Instagrammers do it as a status thing.

Then I noticed it while driving today that everyone driving a Ram (old or new) had them flipped up, but not a single person was towing anything. Also, just looking at people’s posts here, a lot of you guys do the same thing. Why is this, and how do you have your tow mirrors configured if you got em? Figured it be a fun lil poll, haven’t seen a question like this on here.

NoCrow

Reaction score
I think they look super dumb folded up. But they honestly are more usable that way I think. The convex mirror is almost useless vertical in the down position. So that is why I might flip mine up but I don't unless I'm towing a wide trailer.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the flip up/down is the problem. They should make it like GM where if you have the tow mirrors, they're just always there in "flipped up" position. It would take away the funny comments since at that point drivers have no choice, have to drive with them that way whether you like it or not.

ColoCougar

Reaction score
They are a great tool for pulling wide trailers, however if you have them out just for daily driving without a trailer you are just looking silly. The convex mirror works well either way. When you drive around with them up it makes me have the thought that you are saying look at me I am too lazy to flip them down or maybe just that I am a dumba$$. Sorry but that is my opinion and I know that opinions are like a$$holes, every one has one and most stink. Have a great day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they look stupid flipped up without towing otherwise I would do it.

Even after 2 years I'm still getting used to the convex on the outside since I'm coming from 11 years in a 2003 F-250 with tow mirrors that just slide in and out (convex on the bottom).

I like the sturdy construction of the RAM tow mirrors compared to my Ford ones. The Ford arms weaken over the years so the mirrors will start to "droop" and the mirrors will start to vibrate at freeway speeds.

To me the new GM tow mirrors look solid but are an eyesore. They look like some Legos put together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread