5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors no Defrost??

Ruben73

Reaction score
Disappointing that the tow mirrors don't come with defrost, unless I haven't found the button yet. My 07 ram had defrost on the tow mirrors. you would think it would be standard option by now.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Disappointing that the tow mirrors don't come with defrost, unless I haven't found the button yet. My 07 ram had defrost on the tow mirrors. you would think it would be standard option by now.
Not to worried about it since it only snows a week here in NC.so not a big deal to me but the fords have it? We will be regretting it come winter for people who snows more than a week haha

kjn86

Reaction score
I was equally shocked to find this out after I got mine. I didn't even think to check this as it is almost unthinkable with all the options it wouldn't have this. How it doesn't, I can't even begin to explain. It would be like buying a house and finding none of the windows open, or something just as silly. Interestingly, it didn't really matter for me last winter. I was sure it would be a major issue but turns out, not so much. Still dumb.

brewdad

Reaction score
The button for rear window defrost also turns on outside mirror defrost---there is no separate button for outside mirrors.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Limited 1500 with the tow mirrors are heated, but not auto dimming or power folding. I miss the 360 camera, but not tremendously because the big mirrors make up for it. I do wish they were auto dimming and power folding.

Ruben73

Reaction score
The button for rear window defrost also turns on outside mirror defrost---there is no separate button for outside mirrors.
Really? Even though the tow mirrors dont have the defrost symbol on them? I'm going to try when we get cooler weather again. I should of tried that a couple days ago

kjn86

Reaction score
Really? Even though the tow mirrors dont have the defrost symbol on them? I'm going to try when we get cooler weather again. I should of tried that a couple days ago

The tow mirrors without the symbol don't have heat/defrost. If you had those mirrors with it, then the button would work. In our case, the button only works for the rear window. The mirrors must have the symbol to heat up.

Ruben73

Reaction score
The tow mirrors without the symbol don't have heat/defrost. If you had those mirrors with it, then the button would work. In our case, the button only works for the rear window. The mirrors must have the symbol to heat up.
its ashame , you would think the Rebel12 came with it automatically

Sputs10

Reaction score
Yeah you would certainly think so. It's insane that you can buy a truck in 2019 and not have heated mirrors, especially for what these trucks cost.

Has anybody found a way to add heated mirrors? I've been meaning to contact OBDGenie to see if they could add the sales code, but haven't yet.

Users who are viewing this thread