5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors, adjusting

dpdsurf

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 Big Horn with the trailer tow group package. It has the the manual fold towing mirrors. I'm having a hard time getting used to the passenger side mirror in the non towing position. The combination of the two mirrors really distorts my view. The large mirrors magnifies and the blind spot mirror is distracting off to the side. There are times I don't see cars at all or can't truly gauge their distance prior to double-checking my blind spot over my shoulder. Any tips because I'm ready to drop $1300 on the power infotainment mirrors.
56cf9b1c8f4c587762acc077cda7044e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
The blind spot mirror is manually adjustable but very stiff.

It took some trial-and-error to get mine set just right. Now cars in that mirror drive off it and onto the main mirror. I really only use it when I'm switching lanes anyway

Zig10

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Nearly got myself into multiple accidents with that stupid magnified mirror. I kept trying to adjust it to get it to an acceptable position for around 3 weeks, then punted and got the Infotainment mirror package.

That is the first time in 25 years of car buying that I really regret an option that I got.

dpdsurf

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Nearly got myself into multiple accidents with that stupid magnified mirror. I kept trying to adjust it to get it to an acceptable position for around 3 weeks, then punted and got the Infotainment mirror package.

That is the first time in 25 years of car buying that I really regret an option that I got.
That's what I think my solution will be as well. Do the new mirrors have the heated option in them?

ProZak512

Reaction score
The blind spot mirror is manually adjustable but very stiff.

It took some trial-and-error to get mine set just right. Now cars in that mirror drive off it and onto the main mirror. I really only use it when I'm switching lanes anyway

Omg this was a life saver right here. I adjusted mine this afternoon and it’s night and day difference in usability.

On each side, I pushed the curved mirror as far outboard as it would go. Then from the driver’s seat, I adjusted the larger flat power mirrors so that there’s just a teeny bit of overlap from the inside edge of the curved mirror to the inside edge of the flat one.

If that doesn’t make sense let me know and I’ll try to post pictures.

Thank you!!!

Zig10

Reaction score
That's what I think my solution will be as well. Do the new mirrors have the heated option in them?

Yup. BSM, heated, and puddle lights...and power folding.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Once I finally got my blind spot mirrors set, I vowed to never move them. I know my flat mirror view looks right outside the truck body, and the blindspot overlaps that a bit, like ProZak said. I don't know if mine is all the over or not, though... I'm not touching it to find out!

This setup works great when flipping the mirrors vertically. I can use both blindspot mirrors when flipped up to tow withoutaking any adjustments. I just adjust the power mirror (flat) portion.

dpdsurf

Reaction score
Pushing the blind spot mirrors out definitely help. Thanks everyone! I’m still not a fan of the magnification on the passenger mirror. I’ll give them another week or so before decided to pull the trigger on the infotainment mirrors. I drive in the city quite a bit so they still may be better suited for easy folding.

Users who are viewing this thread