5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hooks

Hairy

Reaction score
Ordered 2020 Laramie 4x2 as I have always had the last 4 trucks, dealer just called said they won't build with tow hooks any longer, they were included with the chrome package? Any comments or ideas?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered 2020 Laramie 4x2 as I have always had the last 4 trucks, dealer just called said they won't build with tow hooks any longer, they were included with the chrome package? Any comments or ideas?
Is it because it's not a 4x4? It looks like now your only real option is to add them yourself. I'm sure you're aware that there are many sources for buying these and all Mopar parts. People were reporting that they weren't available for a couple of months, but I think I read that they are now available again.

Hairy

Reaction score
Never was an issue before, Cummins added tow hooks, still does on the online build page. And included with the chrome package. Oh well just upset I paid for something I can't get in the build.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Tow hooks don't even come on the standard equipped 4x4. I was shocked when mine came without them. It looks like they changed that to be only included in the off-road package. Might be included if you get the heavy tow package as well.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I bought mine off of ebay and just installed them myself. There is a thread on this forum detailing how to do it. I'm pretty new with a wrench so as long as you understand how wrenches work you should be able to add them. Took about a 1.5 hours I think, worst part was removing some tiny screws up front.

STR

Reaction score
Just pick up a set and install them... very easy. There are a few YouTube vids to help if needed.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, Ram should have an option just to add the tow hooks. I was in a fender bender and truck is in the shop now, I am having them install the hooks while they have the bumper off.

Hairy

Reaction score
I am upset that I PAID for them in the Chrome package, and they say not available, They were on every Cummins 2 wd Laramie I had in the past (3) I looked and they are the same one's 4x4 or 4x2 because they hook on frame. I never used them ever, but it's the principal of paying for something then not getting it. I don't really need them it's the money!

highgear2005

Reaction score
1st world problems. I want my tow hooks, that I’ll never use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STR

Reaction score
Look at your build sheet to see if the tow hooks are listed. It wouldn’t be the first time that a salesman/dealership provided inaccurate information. Here’s a link to add your VIN if needed: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

I quickly built a 2020 Laramie 4x2, and it’s listing tow hooks as part of the truck line of chrome packages. If you paid $995 for the pkg., and they’re not listed on your build sheet, then you have a legitimate b!tch. Whether you use them or not is inconsequential. If you paid for them, then they should be provided/installed. If not, then they should deduct the prorated cost from the invoice.
E4684213-FD66-4DE8-B113-D142681665DD.png
4049AF44-AB1D-45C2-B072-84F58331C9F0.png

Last edited:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't realize you were asking about a HD since this is a 1500 forum. And of course I didn't notice you mentioned Cummins in a later post. I don't have any experience with the different options on the HD trucks. But I'd be in talks with my dealership if that happened to me. Not sure anything will come from it though.

Nibis

Reaction score
BTW, I ordered tow hooks and bezel kit right after I read this thread, LOL

Nibis

Reaction score
How did you guys get the long bolt out to install, seems to have a keeper on it, I wasn't able to finish, just have one trim ring in

Users who are viewing this thread