5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hooks out of stock....everywhere

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Looking for the black ones as well. I will give them until Friday this week then cancel the order. Thanks for the info, I think that price might be slightly better than my dealership anyway.
If your dealer was like mine they were 107 each, they don't sell the kitt anymore so you'd also have to order the bolts. The part number at allmoparparts.com is DTTOWHOOKBLK

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

ClayFire2

Reaction score
so, I’m assuming that y’all didn’t get front tow hooks on your 4x4 like I didn’t on my 2019 Tradesman, unless you ordered them before delivery of your truck?

i didn’t notice that my 2019 didn’t have the front tow hooks until after I purchased it and drove it home. I guess I should have paid more attention, but I was so excited about my 5.7 Hemi that nothing else mattered at that time
Haha didn't even look! But no if you don't get the offroad package of the bighorn no luck unless you buy after.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so, I’m assuming that y’all didn’t get front tow hooks on your 4x4 like I didn’t on my 2019 Tradesman, unless you ordered them before delivery of your truck?

i didn’t notice that my 2019 didn’t have the front tow hooks until after I purchased it and drove it home. I guess I should have paid more attention, but I was so excited about my 5.7 Hemi that nothing else mattered at that time
Correct, my Laramie sport didn't come with them. Wish I would have negotiated them into my deal.

RAM5

Reaction score
I can’t believe I didn’t even look for those hooks on my truck before I purchased it Lol...well, “it is what it is..now” , hell I think I will hold off on purchasing any and spend that cash on 1 weeks of groceries for now and buy tow Hooks later down the road at some point

brotherGood

Reaction score
How complicated is the install on the Mopar hooks? I'm tempted to order a set when I'm allowed to spend money again, because I've got a feeling it may be a worthwhile thing to have on hand where I work.

Granted, then I'll have to decide if I keep them black or order a set to be painted flame red to match the truck (and be different)

ClayFire2

Reaction score
How complicated is the install on the Mopar hooks? I'm tempted to order a set when I'm allowed to spend money again, because I've got a feeling it may be a worthwhile thing to have on hand where I work.

Granted, then I'll have to decide if I keep them black or order a set to be painted flame red to match the truck (and be different)
Super easy. You remove the cover that is in that area and replace with the bezel kit. Then unbolt one existing bolt using that bolt and one thats supplied with the kit you install the hook and then torque the bolts to spec. I'd say 30 minutes for both sides.

ClayFire2

Reaction score

Here is a link to Tony the Truck Guy doing his install.

Doberman11

Reaction score
My truck has the active air dam. I unbolted the side that I was working on and let it hang down out of the way, made it a lot easier to reach the bezel nuts. Two 13 mm nuts hold the air dam. Also all you have to do is loosen the bezel nuts and just slide them out. Also my truck did not have the retainer clips at the bottom of the bezel.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I deleted the whole air dam! Gives the truck a lot better stance and surprisingly I have gotten better gas mileage.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tow hooks I ordered from the dealership on June 2nd finally came in today. I will be installing later today.....now I won't have to worry about getting stuck somewhere without being able to be rescued.

Users who are viewing this thread