5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hooks Back In Stock

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the black hooks from allmopar last week and got them today. Install took about 1hr. They look great but the torque specs on the new bolt at 135 really gives you a work out with a manual torque wrench!
Hahahaha I bet

Rapper

Reaction score
Got mt tow hooks in yesterday. Went to install, got the passenger side trim ring in, went to take the bolt out, that must be 8 inches long, then it seems to have a keeper on it, and I couldn't get the bolt out, had to re-thread it in and tighten back down. How did you guys get that bolt out
Crescent wrench on the shaft and beat the wrench with a hammer until pulls out. Then remove the flimsy retaining washer by cutting it off with side cutters. Viola!

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
got mine in today took about 5 days $175 total

Attachments

• IMG_3297.JPG
    IMG_3297.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

InFamous

Reaction score
I got mine in today, got the bezels in a few days ago, now to find someone with a torque wrench that'll go to 136lbs...I'm not planning on buying one just to put tow hooks in my truck. Wifey isn't happy I bought them in the first place LOL

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you find the tow hooks and surrounds for that price??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALLMOPARPARTS.COM
6f650a1f3a6b28aebcf3a6301505035f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmr

Reaction score
There are 2 different styles of bezels for tow hooks.
The Rebel uses part # 68274703AA and has a rectangular cutout for only where the tow goes through the bezel.
TowHookBezel-0.jpg
Bighorns, Limited etc use 68274701AB bezel that is totally opened up and has a gap around the tow hook.
TowHookBezel-1.jpg

Last edited:

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are these actually useable? I ask because I’ve seen ones in the Renegade that were not.

yes they are useable. Not sure why they would put them on the Renegade if they weren’t usable

Last edited:

TinyDancer

Reaction score
yes the are useable. Not sure why they would put them on the Renegade if they weren’t usable

could of been the user and not knowing how to tow but there’s more than one video dudes ripping their bumpers and grills off by trying to use tha hook.

so.. might have to grab a pair of these

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
My 2WD Ram BTS did not come with tow hooks and I plan to purchase them.

I formerly owned a Wrangler for 9 years and helped winch vehicles out of ditches, mud, rock, etc when it snowed or someone did something stupid (like broke both driveshafts in the picture below).

I ran across a truck in the past that I tried to help who that had it's rear end in the ditch (couldn't get to the trailer hitch). He didn't have tow hooks on the front of his truck and there was nowhere for me to hook up for the rescue. I wasn't confident that there was anything else strong enough to winch him from on the front. I wished him well but left him for a tow truck.

I don't want that to be my truck in the future.

1600225701645.png

UncleRAM

Reaction score
hello millerbjm so if the spec for the new bolt is 135 .. what is the long used bolt torque at ? I got my new tow hooks from Mopar and the only thing that came free from them was .. you guessed it .. no guides, thanks

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hello millerbjm so if the spec for the new bolt is 135 .. what is the long used bolt torque at ? I got my new tow hooks from Mopar and the only thing that came free from them was .. you guessed it .. no guides, thanks
Don't recall if I had a torque spec for those, I just cranked them down good.

Users who are viewing this thread