5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hook Hardware

Jgarza1004

Reaction score
I am looking at buying some tow hooks locally and cheap but they are missing the rubber rings shown in the pic below. I've tried looking everywhere and cannot seem to find any replacement rings. Does anyone happen to know where I would be able to get some or if I can install without them?

Tow hooks.jpg

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Interestingly - the rubber rings are NOT listed separately...

Found this a lot when looking for stuff on Mopar parts fiches. My truck had a couple of stripped fasteners when I did the mud flaps (had to have the dealer remove them) - and the parts guy COULD NOT FIND the correct fastener to order for me. The 2 screws he gave me that "might be the right ones" - were not.

As opposed to other cars (and even Harley Davidson) - Mopar Parts can be particularly frustrating to navigate and find parts (even for their own parts guys).

Rick

TVANVA

Reaction score
Maybe some incredibly kind and helpful 1500 owner that hasn't installed their tow hooks yet could take a picture of the rings along with a ruler?

I could probably make some from scrap but I don't know if they are like grommets or just thick spacers. The indentation in the top of the hook seems to indicate a grommet.

The rear hole in the town hook is about 1 5/16" (33mm), but I don't know if the ring fits inside the hole or over the top of it.

Users who are viewing this thread