5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow/Haul mode

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why the software isn’t programmed to default to tow/haul mode ON when a seven plug is in?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because you don't have to use it. I don't use it here in Florida all the time. Running the flat Interstates there is no need for the engine to be screaming at 2,500 rpm for no good reason.

I'll use it in the Carolina and Tennessee hills but when I'm on reasonably flat terrain I'll let it run in 8th.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because you don't have to use it. I don't use it here in Florida all the time. Running the flat Interstates there is no need for the engine to be screaming at 2,500 rpm for no good reason.

I'll use it in the Carolina and Tennessee hills but when I'm on reasonably flat terrain I'll let it run in 8th.

if you have ET when you go to tow/haul mode the breaking with the help of ET at low speeds is awesome while pulling a trailer!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you have ET when you go to tow/haul mode the breaking with the help of ET at low speeds is awesome while pulling a trailer!
That's true it does help with braking for sure. But when I'm just tooling down the highway for miles never even touching the brakes I'll drop the rpm as long as it's not lugging. With tow/haul it'll hang in a gear until you hit 5,000 rpm. I find myself letting off to get it to shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/