5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchless car wash and tint...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tinted my mirror lights, 3rd brake light, and taillights. Has anyone had any issues with the tint getting blown off in a touchless car wash? I normally hand wash my truck but that's not possible during the winter.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
On our 2019 Charger Scat Pack, we had our go-to window tint folks do the clear wrap on the front bumper cover. We ran it through a very nice car wash with brushes all the time. It did just fine.

Like the stuff on our car, if you had tint especially designed for those uses installed professionally, it would likely stay in place. Or at least the folks installing it would tell you its limits. I suspect there is a big difference in high quality film designed for external use, and the rest of the stuff we can buy and install ourselves.

Carwash01.jpg

Last edited:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brother had the headlights and taillights on his BRZ tinted and it held up fine for over two years at the automatic wash.

He eventually removed it after he got a warning from a police officer when they were inquiring about his “excessively loud” exhaust that was stock…

Users who are viewing this thread