5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch-up paint sticks

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy mopar touch up paint sticks? Specifically for the diamond black crystal pearl? I have been on mopar and I cannot find the match and the other options on the web are sketchy items without any reviews. I thought about calling the local RAM dealer and see if they could order it for me but it is quicker if I can find a mail order option. I have to touch up some chips I have found. It seems either my truck is either a magnet or the clear coat/chip protection just aint cutting it. I am just a normal driver, no off-roading, but the winter has been harsh with excessive salt being dropped on all the roads.

geotex1

Reaction score
eBay. You'll note one seller for the majority of Mopar items for the 2019s. They're actually a RAM dealership. I bought my Granite Crystal touch up from them along with paint-matched mirror caps. Greater seller and prices!

Reactions: Jtr

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
eBay. You'll note one seller for the majority of Mopar items for the 2019s. They're actually a RAM dealership. I bought my Granite Crystal touch up from them along with paint-matched mirror caps. Greater seller and prices!
I ordered so.e touch up paint from a local dealership about 2 months ago and it still isnt in. The parts guy claims it comes from Sherwin Williams a third party paint company and there is no way to follow up with them. I call BS but it is what it is. I cant understand how they dont have it in stock.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I ordered so.e touch up paint from a local dealership about 2 months ago and it still isnt in. The parts guy claims it comes from Sherwin Williams a third party paint company and there is no way to follow up with them. I call BS but it is what it is. I cant understand how they dont have it in stock.
Dealerships hate stocking anything they're not absolutely positive won't get used asap. Otherwise they get stuck with odd things that are just gonna sit on the shelf, then they end up paying an inventory tax at the end of the year on everything they couldn't sell. It's a problem we have to deal with every year as a snowplow distributer for Boss and Western. We still have about half of our inventory by the end of december and end up writing a fat check to uncle sam even though almost everythings gone by March.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealerships hate stocking anything they're not absolutely positive won't get used asap. Otherwise they get stuck with odd things that are just gonna sit on the shelf, then they end up paying an inventory tax at the end of the year on everything they couldn't sell. It's a problem we have to deal with every year as a snowplow distributer for Boss and Western. We still have about half of our inventory by the end of december and end up writing a fat check to uncle sam even though almost everythings gone by March.
Gotcha.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Touching up small nicks on a black car can use almost any black touch up paint. I prefer to have the exact match.

Your paint code will be on your build sheet. I say this because I haven't heard of black "pearl"... and this code might be different.

The common Mopar Diamond Black Crystal code (non pearl?) is PXJ. Google that and find a bunch of sellers.

Better yet, walk into your local parts store and look for Mopar PXJ. It'll be an exact match.

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
I got Diamond Black Crystal Pearl touchup paint from my local dealer. Paint code is on the drivers door sticker.

79 300

Reaction score
I asked for touch up when we picked up the new truck, salesman said he would order it. About 2 weeks later he called and said it came in. They didn't charge me for it.
I always ask about touch up when buying a vehicle instead of worrying about finding some later on.

Reactions: Vic

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked for touch up when we picked up the new truck, salesman said he would order it. About 2 weeks later he called and said it came in. They didn't charge me for it.
I always ask about touch up when buying a vehicle instead of worrying about finding some later on.
Those are the little things that I wish more dealers did!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got the billet silver thrown it when I picked mine up, the black diamond was back ordered. I may stop in next week and see if they have it in stock again.

Lablvr2

Reaction score
I am in Houston and ordered my touchup for granite crystal met and dealer got it next day from depot in dallas. I also bought Dr. COLORCHIP online. AMAZING stuff! They color matched and clears rock chips up with ease.. better than factory touch up paint.

Kaag

Reaction score
Anybody know which black color to use to touch up the night edition rims?

Users who are viewing this thread