5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch Screen Response Issues

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star with a 12" Uconnect 5 screen. Just recently a couple of issues have started occuring:

1) On multi stop trips...after turning the ignition off then on a little later...the screen is blank...but the last music source used will function sound wise...doing a hard reset (pressing the volume & tuning knobs together for 10 seconds}, will sometimes restore the screen to a normal display.

2) Just recently the screen has been intermittantly non-resposive to touch attempts. Doing the hard reset will sometimes cause the screen to be responsive again.

I do not have a screen protector installed, there are no signs of phyiscal damage to the screen anywhere, no other electronic vehicle issues, (dash cluster, hard starting, etc), have been noted during the screen issues. Anyone had similar issues with their screen? Not looking forward to taking it to a dealer because the issues are intermittant.

Last edited:

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Firmware version is T27.46. I removed my telematics box a while back...6+ months ago, I think.... so I've not had any over the air Uconnect updates recently, that might be the cause of any screen issues.

I had errands to run this morning...it was cool...only about 60F...so that made me think that heat was not a possible cause, because almost immediately the screen started acting up...and started flashing on and off...the first time it's ever done that. I rememberd that 4-6 months ago I installed one of the Naviks video devices/boxes...and it plugs directly into the screen input...so when I stopped driving I unplugged and reseated all of the various cables and connections of the Naviks box. Not sure if that fixed the screen issue, but didn't have any more issues during the remainder of my trip. I'll keep an eye on the screen behavior. If all I have to do is unplug and plug in some cables once every 4-6 months...I can live with that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
T27.46 is still the current version i'm on it also.
I'm running a Naviks for a bypass for camera and a few times I had a problem when the radio would not turn off even when I shut the truck off and left, turning it back on would fix it.
They have really good support, could try calling them they might have an idea what is causing it.

Users who are viewing this thread