5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch free car wash

kjk05006

Reaction score
For those of you who like to keep the paint looking nice, what are your thoughts on the touch free car washes? The ones with the high pressure wash and then the big air dryer.

Does this cause denting or pitting?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you just want to knock off the salt or loose dirt they are fine but in my experiance they don't really get your vehicle clean, I usually hand wash my truck but if it gets too cold out and the salt is built up I will run it through a touch less.

kjk05006

Reaction score
If you just want to knock off the salt or loose dirt they are fine but in my experiance they don't really get your vehicle clean, I usually hand wash my truck but if it gets too cold out and the salt is built up I will run it through a touch less.

Yes planning on hand washing most of the time. Just when it’s freezing or a lot of salt build up from the roads.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d just use the regular wash as long as you know they are reputable and maintained. Touchless is a waste. Water soap and pressure can only get so much dirt off, you need contact at some point. Trust me, while I prefer to hand wash this black truck, I’ve been using regular car washes for 20 years without issue and when it gets too cold this winter, I’ll be taking mine through the regular wash, especially due to the benefits of having the undercarriage washed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who like to keep the paint looking nice, what are your thoughts on the touch free car washes? The ones with the high pressure wash and then the big air dryer.

Does this cause denting or pitting?
I use a touchless wash when my vehicles are dusty. After a rain or with any buildup, they need a 'real' wash.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
Not sure if this applies, but I ceramic coated my truck when I bought it, and topped it off with a spray sealant. I only use touchless car wash. What I have learned is if the truck is really dirty, like driving in nasty salted roads, or dirty street, I use a two wash method, do a good presoak and then rinse off, no dry. then the next day I will have a good no touch was done. truck comes out spotless. Its important to use spray sealant once every 45 days, makes cleaning a breeze.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
They are ok but if you don't want to hand wash, use the wand at a regular car wash. If i have been in salt/snow i will go by to blow off under the truck, wheel wells, and inside of the back bumper. Rinse well, soap is a bit corrosive.

UnLimited

Reaction score
I went through the regular old fashioned car was a week ago, my second week of ownership, and came out with a cracked windshield.

Sad part is the company is not responding overall. Corporate stated managed at local level and local says district manager. I’ve been back three times and it’s hell. No one wants to help. Even on the phone with corporate at the car wash and nothing but short pissy responses. Basically hung up on.

Guess I’ll have to claim on my insurance.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went through the regular old fashioned car was a week ago, my second week of ownership, and came out with a cracked windshield.

Sad part is the company is not responding overall. Corporate stated managed at local level and local says district manager. I’ve been back three times and it’s hell. No one wants to help. Even on the phone with corporate at the car wash and nothing but short pissy responses. Basically hung up on.

Guess I’ll have to claim on my insurance.

Send them a letter demanding payment or you'll be forced to take legal action. Send it to all of them. Even better if you have a friend that is an attorney willing to send the demand letter for you. You also can see how you insurance company wants to go after them. They might pay and then sure for reimbursement.

Users who are viewing this thread