5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totalflow 720419 14 inch muffler replacement

Glscrambled

Reaction score
Anyone running the Totalflow model 720419 14inch stainless steel muffler delete/replacement? I’ve been listening to sound clips on all of the options out there, and I like the B2 fab moderate sound or the Flowmaster flowfx with the oval muffler, but I’m looking at 320-375 for either of those systems…. Totalflow on Amazon says made in the USA with 409 stainless steel, welds look nice, and the hangers are nice, even have the ball ends, and it appears to be a copy of any of the big guys, except it’s 155 delivered to the door in a few days with prime (current 30 percent off promotion)…. I purchased it as it has free returns and I was going to inspect quality before installing. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts…

here is the website link and sound clip from the manufacturer

MRog40

Reaction score
I'm running it, along with the spectre CAI.

Sound is great, really happy with it overall... Except the highway drone at 1600 RPMs. I'm going to try a "J pipe" this summer

Around town though? Amazing.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd do just the CAI. Gives good V8 sound in the cab. I can't

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Glscrambled

Reaction score
I thought you were busting on me from the start. Spectre, at least last I was in the modding world with my Trans Am in high school/college was kinda a low end crappy company, what the “ricers” used. Meanwhile I just looked it up and it looks like a nice design and good quality…. I’ve already blacked most of the truck out, I’m gonna do the plastidip on the exhaust tips and it’ll be complete. I was hoping for something on the mild side for exhaust, hopefully this is the trick…

thanks for your post

MRog40

Reaction score
For whatever reason I decided to cheap out on my $70,000 truck but I have no regrets on both. I wouldn’t be any happier with the real K&N and Flowmaster - I’m always chasing that good deal high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
I'm curious about this muffler too. With 3.92 gears, I'm above 2000 rpm on the interstate, so drone should not be an issue.

I can't imagine there's much difference between this and a big name straight through muffler.

MRog40

Reaction score
I'm curious about this muffler too. With 3.92 gears, I'm above 2000 rpm on the interstate, so drone should not be an issue.

I can't imagine there's much difference between this and a big name straight through muffler.

I went to 35s which messed up my RPMs giving me that drone. I’d just get this muffler, you won’t regret it when you hear the sound, and you can always go back with a coupler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nk333

Reaction score
Mine is sitting in the garage now. Same one- the 14” muffler. Basically it’s the MBRP design. I’m curious if anyone has purchased one of the other types they sell? There’s like 7 different muffler types on their site! It’d be cool if we could put sound clips up of the different ones to get comparisons, since Totalflow only has the 2 vids and doesn’t say which muffler is which.

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
Mine is sitting in the garage now. Same one- the 14” muffler. Basically it’s the MBRP design. I’m curious if anyone has purchased one of the other types they sell? There’s like 7 different muffler types on their site! It’d be cool if we could put sound clips up of the different ones to get comparisons, since Totalflow only has the 2 vids and doesn’t say which muffler is which.
Agree, it's not very helpful. I just assume that the main differences are material and length. The materials they offer are 304 and 409. Longer lengths offer more sound deadening. I wish this 14" was a touch quieter, but only because I live close to neighbors and don't want to be that guy. Personally, I think it is a very nice upgrade.

Drewballin

Reaction score
Im just here to add my support for Totalflow mufflers. I have a '19 Ram classic that I added a 14" muffler to, very happy with how it sounds. Different set up than what this thread is intended for so a sound clip of mine wouldn't help but happy with the brand non the less.

CameronC3532

Reaction score
Agree, it's not very helpful. I just assume that the main differences are material and length. The materials they offer are 304 and 409. Longer lengths offer more sound deadening. I wish this 14" was a touch quieter, but only because I live close to neighbors and don't want to be that guy. Personally, I think it is a very nice upgrade.
How is the sound in the cab and any drone on the highway?

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
How is the sound in the cab and any drone on the highway?
Deep sound on cold start and quiets down quickly. The highway is pretty quiet tbh. There is a bit of drone but it seems to happen at certain throttle positions, no so much specific rpms, if that makes sense.

dfwreb2020

Reaction score
Deep sound on cold start and quiets down quickly. The highway is pretty quiet tbh. There is a bit of drone but it seems to happen at certain throttle positions, no so much specific rpms, if that makes sense.
I’m also very curious about this muffler. It’s sitting in my Amazon cart but I have yet to pull the trigger since I haven’t heard a single sound clip, other than Totalflow’s videos on YouTube…which aren’t very helpful bc they have a ton of options and I have no idea which mufflers are in the videos…

Any chance you could post a video of yours? Thanks!

nk333

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. Couldn’t get the video to work. Here’s a YouTube clip stock vs totalflow 14. The MBRP style 14”. I have a 2020, so no front resonator either.

CameronC3532

Reaction score
Sounds good, I was expecting it to be a lot louder since the muffler is a lot smaller. I think I might have to order one. I want to hear the hemi when I cold start it and when I get into it but then enjoy my Limited ride on the highway.

Mopar4u

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of going with the 6” or 4” but cant find any sound clips. NK33s sounds nice but doesnt sound the same as the clip on the totalflow site which leads me to believe the totalflow clips are misleading as others noted.

Jeffawats

Reaction score
been looking at the Totalflow muffler as well,great price point.I just don't want a raspy bee in a can sound nor screaming loud.Also looking at the 5" tips but can't decide on black or polished

CameronC3532

Reaction score
been looking at the Totalflow muffler as well,great price point.I just don't want a raspy bee in a can sound nor screaming loud.Also looking at the 5" tips but can't decide on black or polished
I would go polished if you have chrome accents or black if you truck is blanked out.

Users who are viewing this thread