5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torx Size for bed Ext Hardware

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got around to Installing the hardware for the bed extender. Between the tools I inherited from my Dad (mechanic) and what I’ve accumulated over 50 years of tinkering, I have thousands of sockets/wrenches etc. But I don’t have a Torx big enough for the bed extender hardware! Does anyone know what size Torx they require? I hate to buy a full set since I have a bunch of the smaller sizes!

sillybinaries

Reaction score
Finally got around to Installing the hardware for the bed extender. Between the tools I inherited from my Dad (mechanic) and what I’ve accumulated over 50 years of tinkering, I have thousands of sockets/wrenches etc. But I don’t have a Torx big enough for the bed extender hardware! Does anyone know what size Torx they require? I hate to buy a full set since I have a bunch of the smaller sizes!
T50, never new that size existed until I installed the hardware myself.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
T50, never new that size existed until I installed the hardware myself.
What would really make you scratch your head is why torx goes up in size by 5 between T10 and T60, with the exception of between T45 and T50.

Users who are viewing this thread