5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torque Converter Bolts Loose

nmajor18

Reaction score
Started my truck the other day and was greeted with an awful rattle from what sounded like a loose heat shield above the exhaust. Drove the truck a couple hundred miles that day but noise always would go away and then come back at start-up. Dealer picked the truck up and after investigating determined that I had "several" loose bolts on the torque converter! However, they couldn't just tighten them and send the truck back to me. Apparently there is a new design of the bolt and had to wait two days for the new bolts to arrive. 3,100 miles on a 10/27 built Limited. Anyone else had this problem?

GoMango16

Reaction score
May have damaged the fly wheel and they have to replace it.....

nmajor18

Reaction score
May have damaged the fly wheel and they have to replace it.....
Crossing my fingers.... I have a great dealership that took the truck back to their shop 45 miles away, left me a loaner and then swapped me back out, all without having to physically go to the dealership. Only problem is, I still haven't been able to talk to the service dept. to find out exactly what happened, why it happened and if there may be any collateral damage. I will find out soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread