5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Hat Spacers vs Ready Lift - Edumacate Me a Bit

Kone

Reaction score
I'm an older guy just looking to level out the rake of my 21 Big Horn. I want to keep my oem Limited wheels and tires, stock ride as much as possible, and not mess w warranty. I'm unable to do the work myself so I contacted a local truck 4x4 shop to get ideas and quotes. They recommended Ready Lift 1.5 kit and alignment (no air ride) for "around $1k" all in. Said there are cheaper options but they "won't correct control arm geometry" and the Ready Lifts will fine with warranty. When I asked about what's negative about tophats he said there wasn't much, they'd be a decent option too. I didn't ask him for quote on those but I have to assume a lot less $.

Are they just upselling me or is the Ready Lift the definite best way to go? Fwiw I'm not spending a $1k on this, I'll leave it as-is. Thanks.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Readylift 1.5" kit with UCA's is a tophat spacer . . . It goes for around $500 . . . A couple hours labor $200 and an alignment $100 and I'd say he is a couple hundred high, but not horrible . . . Best method of level are the Bilstein 5100's, but they are on national backorder till March

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I would just get a 2" Motofab front spacer and call it a day. The 2" should not mess with the geometry too bad, requiring the UCA's, and should be an easy and inexpensive level. <$100 for the spacer, maybe $200 install, done.

Kone

Reaction score
The Readylift 1.5" kit with UCA's is a tophat spacer . . . It goes for around $500 . . . A couple hours labor $200 and an alignment $100 and I'd say he is a couple hundred high, but not horrible . . . Best method of level are the Bilstein 5100's, but they are on national backorder till March
Thanks. I can wait but I assume that'd be approaching $1k w labor?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an older guy just looking to level out the rake of my 21 Big Horn. I want to keep my oem Limited wheels and tires, stock ride as much as possible, and not mess w warranty. I'm unable to do the work myself so I contacted a local truck 4x4 shop to get ideas and quotes. They recommended Ready Lift 1.5 kit and alignment (no air ride) for "around $1k" all in. Said there are cheaper options but they "won't correct control arm geometry" and the Ready Lifts will fine with warranty. When I asked about what's negative about tophats he said there wasn't much, they'd be a decent option too. I didn't ask him for quote on those but I have to assume a lot less $.

Are they just upselling me or is the Ready Lift the definite best way to go? Fwiw I'm not spending a $1k on this, I'll leave it as-is. Thanks.
The Readylift 1.5" kit is for air ride. I can only find a 2" kit for non-air ride. And as mentioned, it is a top hat spacer kit. It just comes with UCA. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The Bilstiens would be a better option for ride, IMO, but would be higher install cost.

bigdog853

Reaction score
I'm running a 2.5 inch top hat level in my 19 stock control arms and the angles are fine 1.5-2 inch i wouldn't worry about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online