5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 5 mods

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ceramic coat the body, will stay shiny forever.
PPF on from panels

Definitely consider this OP! I had a black 21 Ram prior to this & the rock chips made a white or light gray primer show through. So I went white this time thinking it would blend better but no - well, at least for the Tri coat ivory white they used a black primer so now I have darker chips. I’ll eventually have to repaint before I add PPF.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it does. If I went with a sunroof the second time I would still probably lay more tint over the factory sunroof tint just like I did the rears. I’d just like it to be darker for visual preference (still too bright with only factory tint for me) & to jeep some of the UV out. It was bright enough for me that I only kept the interior shade open at night really. I have baby eyes though. Lol
Got the pano and agree, some extra tint would help

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Definitely consider this OP! I had a black 21 Ram prior to this & the rock chips made a white or light gray primer show through. So I went white this time thinking it would blend better but no - well, at least for the Tri coat ivory white they used a black primer so now I have darker chips. I’ll eventually have to repaint before I add PPF.
Getting the tint done this Friday and I’m going to see if they can hit at least the front bumper with ppf. My last 2 Rams, 18 blue streak and 20 bright white had next to zero chips in the front bumpers.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the front bumper & those two faring panels below the headlights should cover you excellently. Part of my problem with the chips is about 60K miles each year, 98% of which are midwest highway miles. So I get the brunt of semi truck/dump truck debris. Would help if I set the cruise to the actual speed limit also.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1) Quality ceramic tint all around
2) PPF
3) Ceramic coating
4) Tonneau cover
5) Sidesteps (in my case always retractable) don’t need them for myself necessary but helps others getting in and out that’s knees aren’t as good as mine lol

All these are factored in when I decide to upgrade and all are done usually within the first week or two. Everything past this can be done in due time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gnewhard2

Reaction score
The Limited & Longhorn Limited have the brightest stock lights out of the other trims. It might be better/easier & definitely cheaper without the worry of electrical issues to consider looking at the Shifts & Grins thread on here regarding his brackets & different light bars you can add behind the center front grill with the sensors. It retains the sensors, you just replace the grill with a see-through version instead of solid. Awesome setup, very bright.

Most people like the Baja Designs fog light replacement, but personally I’m going with the amber light bar from Shifts & Grins/Diode Dynamics & keeping the orange fog covers from Lamin-x so that it all looks uniform & functions properly for fog where I live. For me it will function & look the way I want & be the least expensive & easiest to wire.
Thanks. I will check out.

sessman

Reaction score
It will absolutely make a night & day difference with standard coil suspension. The air suspension setup does have a beefier sway bar. Not as beefy or heavy as the Hellwig but it all has to so with spring tension really.
How hard is it to install? Worth the upgrade if my truck is a family vehicle/rarely sees offroad?

sessman

Reaction score
Yes, it does. If I went with a sunroof the second time I would still probably lay more tint over the factory sunroof tint just like I did the rears. I’d just like it to be darker for visual preference (still too bright with only factory tint for me) & to jeep some of the UV out. It was bright enough for me that I only kept the interior shade open at night really. I have baby eyes though. Lol
None of the windows have tint, they have colored glass. This is an important distinction because colored "privacy" glass has no UV/heat protection and is basically just for looks. When I got mine I did 3M ceramic on all the windows (15% on front, 30% on back to match) and 70% 3M crystalline tint on the windshield. I haven't pulled the trigger on the pano yet because it's a much longer job for the shop to do and if the sun is directly overhead I just have the shade closed.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How hard is it to install? Worth the upgrade if my truck is a family vehicle/rarely sees offroad?

Super easy install from what I’ve read. You’ll get more cornering advantage/less body roll from the sway bar, slightly noticeable stiffer ride.

5.7Hemi3.92

Reaction score
Did the eyebrow on top of windshield with ceramic 20%, if I had to do it over again I'd go 5% (limo tint), without good sunglasses bright sun coming through
the eyebrow is still glaring. In the spring I'm getting the rear side window done in limo 5%, for heat rejection and to hide bags when you're shopping, and the
side windows either 33% or 50%. I'd definitely go 33% but the RCMP around here in spring are nasty about tint, and 50% is light enough so they don't bother you.
Also did the Hellwig anti-sway bar, thanks everyone for the good advice!! I was on the mountain freeway here in B.C., the Coquihalla, and at 130kph+ (80mph+), on curves the
back was feeling too floaty...it really made me pay attention. Tested the Hellwig on the middle setting and the truck is a lot more planted at high speed on curves. I'm thinking
I'll try it on the most rigid setting in the spring, and see if it really is a pain on washboard logging roads like some of you have said, or if it'll be okay at lower speed. I'm sure
it would make cornering even more fun on asphalt roads, but I'll stick to the middle setting if it's going to make gravel roads dangerous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread