5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool Box recommendations

kbooth

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a securable, weather proof tool box that is low profile and will install under a tonneau cover? Seen a few plastic ones that look cheap. The Mopar one will fit but they don't sell the bed rails for a 2021 rebel?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Body style shouldn’t be any different from the rebel DT from 19-20… so those rail “should” work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kwade88

Reaction score
Not currently using a cover, but would not be a problem.

Attachments

• 20201009_165626.jpg
    20201009_165626.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 145

kbooth

Reaction score
That looks perfect, where did you pick it up and how much did it cost?

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I had a set of Undercover Swing Cases on my 2012 LoneStar - I loved 'em! I let them go with the truck for trade-in because I thought I had the BUG on my 2021, and they would've interfered with the rails and covered up the bed lights. If you have smaller tools or contents, this is the way to go. They take up the weird-shaped space between the tailgate and inner wheel houses, latch into place, unlatch and swing out over the tailgate where you can open the tops and retrieve your stuff without having to open the bed cover. If they're in the way, they are easily removed by lifting them off the hinges, and they can be secured from theft with a simple padlock on each one to prevent swinging them out as well as lifting off the hinges. A bit pricey at ~$200 each, but they're way cool.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
I had a set of Undercover Swing Cases on my 2012 LoneStar - I loved 'em! I let them go with the truck for trade-in because I thought I had the BUG on my 2021, and they would've interfered with the rails and covered up the bed lights. If you have smaller tools or contents, this is the way to go. They take up the weird-shaped space between the tailgate and inner wheel houses, latch into place, unlatch and swing out over the tailgate where you can open the tops and retrieve your stuff without having to open the bed cover. If they're in the way, they are easily removed by lifting them off the hinges, and they can be secured from theft with a simple padlock on each one to prevent swinging them out as well as lifting off the hinges. A bit pricey at ~$200 each, but they're way cool.

this x2...I bought the FleaBay swing case knockoffs and they work just fine...They're half the price of the name brand ones...I think I saw them for $105 shipped each. Also, most 4th gen bed-related items will fit on a 5th gen bed. I'm using the Peragon tonneau cover I bought for my 2012 Ram on my 2019 Rebel.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
this x2...I bought the FleaBay swing case knockoffs and they work just fine...They're half the price of the name brand ones...I think I saw them for $105 shipped each. Also, most 4th gen bed-related items will fit on a 5th gen bed. I'm using the Peragon tonneau cover I bought for my 2012 Ram on my 2019 Rebel.
I miss 'em for sure, and I still might consider getting a set, because the ONLY issues I see with these boxes involve interference with the bed lights and cargo rails (if you have 'em). I haven't actually used the bed lights yet... or even the bed, for that matter... but I think not being able to use the lights when I need 'em because of the those boxes being in the way would be the big 'no-go' for me.

Kwade88

Reaction score
Local acces
That looks perfect, where did you pick it up and how much did it cost?
Local accessory store, tool box was like 380. I let them do a spray in bed liner while it was there as well. I like the low profile look, and not being mounted to my bed rails.

Users who are viewing this thread