5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool box advice needed

Tallcane

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 with the ram boxes and was curious if any of you knew of any toolboxes that fit those specifications? I have yet to find one in my searches that fits with the ramboxes.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is whayt use in my non-rambox truck. I raised it about 4 inches so I could still slide drywall and plywood under it if needed. Because I have the cap it's not secured but it has never moved. If I remove the cap I would want to secure it to bed. Truck Bed.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 with the ram boxes and was curious if any of you knew of any toolboxes that fit those specifications? I have yet to find one in my searches that fits with the ramboxes.
Like to sit inside the bed, or inside the RAM boxes? Measure the distance between the sides and buy a box that fits

Tallcane

Reaction score
Like to sit inside the bed, or inside the RAM boxes? Measure the distance between the sides and buy a box that fits
To sit in the bed. I would do that but I already use the boxes and would like to maintain the functionality of them which makes just measuring and buying any random box an issue.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To sit in the bed. I would do that but I already use the boxes and would like to maintain the functionality of them which makes just measuring and buying any random box an issue.

No, you measure so you don't have to buy a random box.

You buy a box specifically with the dimensions you have determined will still allow the Ramboxes to function.

Many box manufactures make different models of boxes with different dimensions. Below is just one manufacture's (Greenlee) example of 11 different boxes.

a914e162-9bd8-41d5-8685-bcf334250e22

Tallcane

Reaction score
No, you measure so you don't have to buy a random box.

You buy a box specifically with the dimensions you have determined will still allow the Ramboxes to function.

Many box manufactures make different models of boxes with different dimensions. Below is just one manufacture's (Greenlee) example of 11 different boxes.

a914e162-9bd8-41d5-8685-bcf334250e22
That's my bad for not explaining well what I am looking for. I am looking for a crossover style box which means that it would be supported on the bed rails. If I must I will go with that style box but ideally I would want to be able to access it easily from the side of the bed and I find that I like the crossover style best. Because of the Ramboxes though, I have not found one of that style that would maintain the Rambox functionality because the sides that support the box are too wide. my hope is that someone might know of a company or something that makes one that would maintain the Rambox functionality while having a crossover box that is a normal size. If I must I will go with the in the bed chest style box in which case it will be easy to measure it just fine. my reason for coming here though is to see if anybody knows of something that has worked in the very specific style I have been looking for.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's my bad for not explaining well what I am looking for. I am looking for a crossover style box which means that it would be supported on the bed rails. If I must I will go with that style box but ideally I would want to be able to access it easily from the side of the bed and I find that I like the crossover style best. Because of the Ramboxes though, I have not found one of that style that would maintain the Rambox functionality because the sides that support the box are too wide. my hope is that someone might know of a company or something that makes one that would maintain the Rambox functionality while having a crossover box that is a normal size. If I must I will go with the in the bed chest style box in which case it will be easy to measure it just fine. my reason for coming here though is to see if anybody knows of something that has worked in the very specific style I have been looking for.
There are next to no Rambox exclude products because it is such a small product.

You mind be able to find a local shop that will bend metal for you to try and make something that will work but I have not see any products like this in my poking around.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's not a lot of bed rail space to have any toolbox worth having come over the bedrail. It would only be like a foot wide.

Tallcane

Reaction score
There's not a lot of bed rail space to have any toolbox worth having come over the bedrail. It would only be like a foot wide.
that's what I had thought. my hope was that someone may know of something very skinny at the rails that came out into a more usable box after getting away from the mounting point. oh well though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that's what I had thought. my hope was that someone may know of something very skinny at the rails that came out into a more usable box after getting away from the mounting point. oh well though.
I mean, at that point, getting a box that doesn't go over the rails wouldn't be any different.

Users who are viewing this thread