5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took Truck in for HVAC TSB

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck in for the 2 recalls and the HVAC TSB. Dealer turned it around in one day. Cant report on HVAc performance because its in the 50s or less right now.

One thing I always ask is they update any ,modules needing it. My Truck is a June build and had my truck in for service in November and asked the same so since November they have updates for the PCM, TCM, DTCM, RBSS, LBSS

I Know what two of those are. Will try to find out what the rest are. I can't say I have any noticeable difference but just so you early purchasers are aware there are updates out for the trucks modules and it may be worth going in to have your truck updated.

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
Took my truck in for the 2 recalls and the HVAC TSB. Dealer turned it around in one day. Cant report on HVAc performance because its in the 50s or less right now.

One thing I always ask is they update any ,modules needing it. My Truck is a June build and had my truck in for service in November and asked the same so since November they have updates for the PCM, TCM, DTCM, RBSS, LBSS

I Know what two of those are. Will try to find out what the rest are. I can't say I have any noticeable difference but just so you early purchasers are aware there are updates out for the trucks modules and it may be worth going in to have your truck updated.
Hello how are you?
Just curious does your dashboard lights dim when you turn on the wipers? Mine do and when I’m daylight is kind of annoying because I have to brighten them up manually and when I get in the truck at night time it blinds me everything because I forget to dim them before I get off.
I wonder with the updates that you’ve done it fixes that issue ??

Thank you very much in advance

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello how are you?
Just curious does your dashboard lights dim when you turn on the wipers? Mine do and when I’m daylight is kind of annoying because I have to brighten them up manually and when I get in the truck at night time it blinds me everything because I forget to dim them before I get off.
I wonder with the updates that you’ve done it fixes that issue ??

Thank you very much in advance
If your lights dim with wipers on its because you have the option turned on in settings.

There is a setting to turn on headlights with wipers on. So when headlights are on the lights dim as well

bonebro

Reaction score

Any update on the hvac performance?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. I guarantee the dealer would NEVER offer to do any updates without asking them to. Does anyone know what those acronyms are? Want to sound like I know what I’m talking about when I ask for the updates! Lol. I plan on having them do the updates when I bring it in for its first service and the two recalls.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no update on hoax because it’s 20 in Dallas. So probably will be a while before I do. Heater seems to be fine.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It would be helpful if you listed if you have eTorque, gear ratio etc because there have been many updates for people with certain conditions but not others.

Users who are viewing this thread