5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took ownership of pre-owned ‘19 Limited, service cost??

dop

Reaction score
I recently took ownership of a pre-owned ‘19 Limited with 6k miles. There’s a couple things I want to take the truck in to get checked out, but I’d also like to know Ram’s maintenance schedule and things that are looked at - anyone have a schedule? Also what’s a typical price for an oil change/regular service?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently took ownership of a pre-owned ‘19 Limited with 6k miles. There’s a couple things I want to take the truck in to get checked out, but I’d also like to know Ram’s maintenance schedule and things that are looked at - anyone have a schedule? Also what’s a typical price for an oil change/regular service?
Where are you? Here in Texas (and maybe everywhere now), the first 2 years of maintenance (up to 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations) is covered. I don't know if that is transferable. And I change my own oil anyway...about $40 per shot with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and a Mobil 1 EP filter ;)

rws1944

Reaction score
I did the same as you. Go here to register the truck with mopar and get all the info you are asking for. https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us.html

Full synthetic oil and filter at my dealer runs about $100. I change it when the oil life gauge says its time or 7500 miles, which ever comes first. Manual says change the oil and filter no later than 10K miles. I have had no problems with my 2019 1500 limited.

Drewster

Reaction score
I would also suggest the My Mopar app - it'll give you maintenance schedules, recalls, and also let you track maintenance. I just did my first oil change at 7200 miles, oil life at 20%, and it cost about $50 doing it myself with synthetic oil. The U Connect app is also cool - it'll let you lock/ unlock/ start the car with your phone.

Overall the only thing that costs more than any other vehicle will be spark plugs. Because it's a Hemi, you've got to replace 16 of them, but that's at least way out at 100k.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score

I had my first oil change and tire rotation done recently at the dealer and I paid $56.05 otd after a 10% service coupon. I have a 2020 Big Horn with the Hemi (non E-torque).

Last edited:

dop

Reaction score
I did the same as you. Go here to register the truck with mopar and get all the info you are asking for. https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us.html

Full synthetic oil and filter at my dealer runs about $100. I change it when the oil life gauge says its time or 7500 miles, which ever comes first. Manual says change the oil and filter no later than 10K miles. I have had no problems with my 2019 1500 limited.
It’s been kickass so far, just couple things I noted down (that aren’t that big of a deal):

AC weak? Saw the thread..

Vented seat fan noise

Mpg? I see users here saying they get like 18-20mpg. I avg 14.

Backup cam; up hill - sensor freaked out

Brake squeal

Front Interior Light doesn’t turn on

Red lightning bolt on dash when starting; normal?

Occasional noise from upper right windshield on highway

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would also suggest the My Mopar app - it'll give you maintenance schedules, recalls, and also let you track maintenance. I just did my first oil change at 7200 miles, oil life at 20%, and it cost about $50 doing it myself with synthetic oil. The U Connect app is also cool - it'll let you lock/ unlock/ start the car with your phone.

Overall the only thing that costs more than any other vehicle will be spark plugs. Because it's a Hemi, you've got to replace 16 of them, but that's at least way out at 100k.
Nope...30k miles for spark plugs according to the manual. They only use copper plugs in the factories. I'm putting Iridium plugs in mine next year (great results with my Hemi charger in the past)

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Drewster

Reaction score
The old Hemi's were copper plugs with a 30k interval, and the wires had an interval of their own.. I was really excited that these spec 100k and don't have spark plug wires.

It wasn't a huge deal by any means, but it definitely gets old by plug #15

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The old Hemi's were copper plugs with a 30k interval, and the wires had an interval of their own.. I was really excited that these spec 100k and don't have spark plug wires.

It wasn't a huge deal by any means, but it definitely gets old by plug #15
Thats what it was! I was thinking of my old Durango Hemi from 2004 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/