5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took Delivery of my 2019- Initial Thoughts

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've only had my truck since Aug 9th and the Update lookup on uConnect website said my VIN was up to date.

An unlisted update?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What about sound quality of stereo?
Excellent. Great sound for a factory system. I was worried when I heard they had to move the subwoofer... but it's amazing. Very happy with everything about it. My screen reacts very quick to selections and my hands free voice commands are acted on instantly, as apposed to my 16' that didn't understand me half the time. As I expected, my ears think there is waaaay to much Mid, so I basically turn it off and leave the bass and treble right in the middle.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've only had my truck since Aug 9th and the Update lookup on uConnect website said my VIN was up to date.

An unlisted update?
You should be good then. The update came out almost three weeks ago.

jschneider910

Reaction score
Good news... so I'm 1500 miles in and (knock on wood) no major issues yet! Truck is running great.

It sounds like I picked up some wind noise around the passenger side rear door. The truck definitely seemed quieter when I picked it up. Going to look myself to see if the weather stripping looks funky or came off.

Uconnect and 12" screen is working well along with the cameras. No freezes or glitches. Stilled bummed about the volume of the stereo but very happy with the sound quality.

That's about it... very happy with my decision this far.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I'm really kind of worried now, (maybe I'm just obsessing), about something Tmcb wrote about his Ram.

(sorry I couldn't find his original post) :

He stated: "2019 Longhorn off road package with e-torque. 500 miles in two weeks. Hate it. Very stiff ride."

I've posted on this forum in another thread about my own concerns of the off toad package adding stiffness or firmness to the ride. I have no way of knowing if this is a true concern or not, since I have only ordered a Longhorn with air suspension and off road package, but never driven the off road package. The selling dealer did not have a truck equipped with the off road package.

Many fourm members have assured me that I won't be able to tell the difference between a truck with or without the off road package. I'm hoping they are right.

I read that the off road package includes Bilstein shocks which are firm in nature.

I ordered the off road package because of the all terrain tires and skid plates, in addition to hill descent. I'll probably never have the truck off road in the true sense. PA winters can be rough.

I'll really be upset with myself if I made a poor decisions to order the off road package and get a firm city or highway ride because of it.

The trucks I test drove (both air and non air) rode so smooth and supple over rough road. I really hope I didn't give that up by my choice to order off road package.

Guess I'll find out when I take delivery - hopefully soon.

Thanks for listening... Hopefully I didn't get too off topic.

I would value everyone's opion though...

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm picking up a Limited with ORP next week but I'm not worried about the ride. Only the Rebels have Bilstein shocks. The ORP has HD but no one thinks they are Bilstein. You also have the ability to drive in a few different modes and on the air suspension the lower, the softer.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm picking up a Limited with ORP next week but I'm not worried about the ride. Only the Rebels have Bilstein shocks. The ORP has HD but no one thinks they are Bilstein. You also have the ability to drive in a few different modes and on the air suspension the lower, the softer.
Yeah, it rides great, IMHO. I don't feel like my truck (with air and ORG) rides much firmer than the non-ORG trucks that I test drove, although I've slept since then. However, I DO like that this Ram rides 'heavier' than most 1/2-tons with the air suspension, i.e. it's not bouncy and feels very stable.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I'm probably stressing out over nothing.

The article I read stated that the Limited & Longhorn had Bilstein shocks as well as the Rebel. That was obviously wrong. I looked in the brochure, which states the ORP uses off-road calibrated shocks.

Thanks to you both for a reply. The waiting period for the order to come in is tending to let my mind wander.

Hopefully the build will be on schedule, and I'll get it soon. I kind of wish I would have included the e-torque engine, but I was afraid to take the plunge, since it was so new.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm probably stressing out over nothing.

The article I read stated that the Limited & Longhorn had Bilstein shocks as well as the Rebel. That was obviously wrong. I looked in the brochure, which states the ORP uses off-road calibrated shocks.

Thanks to you both for a reply. The waiting period for the order to come in is tending to let my mind wander.

Hopefully the build will be on schedule, and I'll get it soon. I kind of wish I would have included the e-torque engine, but I was afraid to take the plunge, since it was so new.

I drive a Limited WITHOUT ORP and I've put about a 100 miles on a Longhorn WITH ORP, no difference. They are both buttery smooth, you'll LOVE it!

Users who are viewing this thread