5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took Delivery of my 2019- Initial Thoughts

Jimmyk

Reaction score
When it is hot it seems to stay in recirculate but I think once the temperature setting is satisfied it turns off.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Leaving it in 'auto' mode should automatically recirculate when needed, right? All of my past vehicles with 'auto' A/C will do that, including my 15-year-old truck.
You may be right. I'll attempt to do that and see what happens.

Tmcb

Reaction score
P
That's odd, I have read many posts on here and you may be the first or the only one I recall complaining about the ride. Most have an overwhelming driving experience. They all rave how smooth it actually drives especially compared to the 4th gen.
Do you think because you don't have the off-road package it's causing a stiffer ride? or what are you contributing your stiffer ride to? just the new Rams in general?
I know its tough to have a sour taste in your mouth this early but let them fix the issue and see how it goes. If you still hate it then you have 2 options. You stay with it and learn to like it and if not you bite the bullet and sell it. Sure there will be a loss but there are some awesome incentives on 18's better then we've ever seen before. (I'd rather take a loss then drive a car I hate for a few years)

What is the issue your having by the way? (just read it on another thread) you know you can always open a case for it falling under a lemon law, there is some guys here that have done this successfully. They will be able to steer you in the right direction.
That is strange. I have a 19' Longhorn with the offroad package and a leveling kit. This is the smoothest/best riding vehicle I have ever owned. My last 2 trucks were a 13' Ford F150 Lariat and a 17' GMC Sierra All Terrain, and this Ram blows them out of the water. The ride is incredible.
the leveling kit makes a difference. I am in a limited off road with leveling and the ride is great.

jschneider910

Reaction score
Just hit 1000 miles! No big issues thus far. Some observations...

1. The air suspension is awesome. My job finds me parking in hospital parking garages quite frequently. There were quite a few occasions with the F150 where I'd have to find alternate parking. I can just drop the Ram down and haven't had clearance issues yet.

2. Damn the emergency braking backing up! A house I'm flipping has a pretty steep driveway. Backing in or out of the driveway results in multiple emergency brakings. I'm sure I can disable, but I feel like it's a sensitivity issue that will hopefully be fixed.

3. No a/c complaints. Truck sits outside while I'm in the office all day, cools down relatively quick in the humid northeast summer.

MPG according to the truck is around 17 which is exactly what I was getting with the ecoboost with the driving I do.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just hit 1000 miles! No big issues thus far. Some observations...

1. The air suspension is awesome. My job finds me parking in hospital parking garages quite frequently. There were quite a few occasions with the F150 where I'd have to find alternate parking. I can just drop the Ram down and haven't had clearance issues yet.

2. Damn the emergency braking backing up! A house I'm flipping has a pretty steep driveway. Backing in or out of the driveway results in multiple emergency brakings. I'm sure I can disable, but I feel like it's a sensitivity issue that will hopefully be fixed.

3. No a/c complaints. Truck sits outside while I'm in the office all day, cools down relatively quick in the humid northeast summer.

MPG according to the truck is around 17 which is exactly what I was getting with the ecoboost with the driving I do.

I have same experiences as you. Emergency breaking also annoying the heck out of me. I’ve found that driving slower in reverse reduces false positives by 90%.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if my emergency braking system is working. I have yet to trigger mine. I have had the beeper work as I back up to a car, wall, bush, etc. I haven't had it brake.

Cajun

Reaction score
How did you do that? Mine constantly activates and slams on in my driveway and in parking lots. I hate it

I don't remember exactly. I just dug through all of the settings until I found it. I thought my truck was broken the first time it happened.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did you do that? Mine constantly activates and slams on in my driveway and in parking lots. I hate it

I beleive its a Uconnect setting (at least on the 12inch)

"The automatic braking function can be enabled/
disabled from the Customer Programmable Features
section of the Uconnect System"

1534519594343.png

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Ill have to check this out. Would you know why every time I start my truck my radio volume starts up very loud?

Dont quote me on this, but I think the radio volume is also tied to the "memory 1 and 2" buttons that set seat position, etc. Try turn the radio down and save it in the memory settings

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dont quote me on this, but I think the radio volume is also tied to the "memory 1 and 2" buttons that set seat position, etc. Try turn the radio down and save it in the memory settings
ok I will try that thx

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish there was a way to set the default volume of incoming calls. 14 is waaay too loud. And sound quality is not as good as it should be, imho.

Cajun

Reaction score
Wish there was a way to set the default volume of incoming calls. 14 is waaay too loud. And sound quality is not as good as it should be, imho.
I noticed this too. Sometimes I cant even understand the other caller its so distorted and I have to turn the volume almost all the way down. Other times it is crystal clear.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I believe this was fixed on the OTA sw update from two weeks ago. Did you apply the update? Let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online