5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many Truck iPhone Apps! Which does what?

WRH

Reaction score
In setting up my new truck, I've been prompted at one point or another to install their apps. I now have 6 apps on my iphone.

Uconnect Access
Uconnect
SXM Gardian
My Mopar
My Ram
My Dodge

Uconnect Access doesn't work for me. Says I need to call them. I'm guessing it's similar to Uconnect and SXM Gardian.

Uconnect and SXM Guardian also appear to do almost the same thing. You can send addresses to your truck NAV system, remote start/lock/horn, Set Theft notifications, etc. Uconnect has an info area that the other does not have.

My Mopar, My Ram, and My Dodge all appear to be the same thing (but you can install them separately). You can make service appointments, see warranty info, read the owners manual, document an accident, etc.

But geez! Why so many damn apps... Looks like I can get everything with just Uconnect and My Ram. I'll stick with those. Has anyone found out something different?

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Just do the Uconnect app... Screenshot_20180815-005623.png
Uconnect Access - not for this Year/model
SXM Guardian - not for this Year/model
*These are due to different uconnects out there that require different apps to connect for function like autostart, lock, unlock and etc...

These all do the same thing:
My Mopar
My Ram
My Dodge
*Take your pick ...it's all connected to moparowners site

Last edited:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just do the Uconnect app... View attachment 2652
Uconnect Access - not for this Year/model
SXM Guardian - not for this Year/model
*These are due to different uconnects out there that require different apps to connect for function like autostart, lock, unlock and etc...

These all do the same thing:
My Mopar
My Ram
My Dodge
*Take your pick ...it's all connected to moparowners site

Why do you say "sxm guardian" is not for this year/model? It's the app I use out of the ones I was prompted. It's as slow as all get out so I'm hoping you tell me the others are faster lol.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Why do you say "sxm guardian" is not for this year/model? It's the app I use out of the ones I was prompted. It's as slow as all get out so I'm hoping you tell me the others are faster lol.
That's what Ram Care told me when I activated my account. They stated uconnect App (blue icon), uconnect access (black icon) and Sirius Guardian are different configured apps...that serve the same purpose for different vehicles.

I contacted Ram when the Sirius guardian app didn't connect and they explained this to me at the time....but if you're using it, they were either blowing some smoke my way or I don't know:unsure:

I can assure you that I had uconnect access for my 16 Scatpack and I'm using the Uconnect App meow and both are slow... albeit the Uconnect App is 20 or so seconds faster...which means 40 seconds or more delay haha

WRH

Reaction score
At some point or another, the system or instructions prompted me to install every one of those apps for my 2019 truck.

After messing with it, I'd settled on My Ram and Uconnect (NOT Uconnect Access).

Users who are viewing this thread